Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Idaho!

I have not been very good about blogging since we got here because we have been busy! I worked a lot the first bit of May and we packed and cleaned and got ready to come to Idaho for JD's internship with the federal prosecuting office in Pocatello. JD was busy studying and taking finals and then watching Cami while I worked and helping me with getting ready to leave for the summer. We had some fun times including a trip to the zoo with JD and a mommy preschool about the letter z in which we made a zig zag track on brown paper and I discovered that permanent marker comes off linoleum with a magic eraser! (thank heavens for that). May is always crazy as it includes finishing another year of school (2 years down yay!), my birthday, mother's day and our anniversary. To make things easier on JD I just had him get me one big present which was a new lens for my camera. I love it! I have already got to take pictures of two cute families with it and I am happy with the results! My birthday was sadly on the day JD finished finals so it wasn't very exciting but we did get to get take out for dinner and have a picnic in the living room and watch a movie. 
Mother's Day I worked that night, but JD made me dinner so that was very sweet. I worked the next three days then we headed off to Idaho. Cami did so much better on this drive which I will attribute to three things
1. We always stopped at a place with a play place for meals so Cami could run around.
2. Lots of prayers prior to driving and lots of just swallowing my need to be in control and be patient.
3. Healthy snacks for the car ride for Cami and putting her closer to the window.
The day after we got to Idaho was our 5 year anniversary!!!! YAY! I am so grateful to be married to JD. He is a very patient sweet smart hardworking man and also very handsome! I am one lucky lady!
JD's mom was so good to watch Cami and so we made a night of it by going to the temple then out to dinner and then to Iron Man 3. It was so nice to get so much alone time!

 Cami was so excited to go to Nana's and get to play on the trampoline!
 These are a little out of order but this is what eventually happened to our race track, it got wrestled on and torn up....but it sure was fun!
 Last week was busy spending some quality time with the Hickenloopers. Wendy had a birthday dinner and cake and Cami loved playing with Ainsley and her Grandma Hickenloopers pretty princess dress ups. 
 We got to go to the Pocatello zoo with Ainsley's preschool group. Cami had fun except I didn't dress her well for the frigid Idaho weather and she got cold and also fell and scraped up both knees... Guess we need to get used to the cold weather up here! 

 Cami loved the grizzly bear and petting the goats and rabbit.

 JD and Scott managed to squeeze in some golfing even though they were freezing!
 Saturday Cami and I went with Joni and Chase and Emma and Andrew on a hike around Palisades. It was fun and Cami was quite the trooper! I was impressed with how much she hiked, probably around 1/2 a mile! 


 Unfortunately I think she might have gotten a little heat exhaustion and she was tuckered out after about half way in so we turned around and my arms got quite the work out carrying her back. Thankfully Emma and Andrew were there to help! After lots of encouragement to drink water after we got back and some tylenol Cami was back to her normal self!


 Monday we drove up to see Mesa Falls. Cami was so excited to see the waterfall and go on another hike. She kept shouting and getting so excited!



 We went to Ashton to see Grandpa Egbert's and Keith's graves but Cami was all done so we didn't stay for lunch and headed back. That night we had a great picnic with the Taylors, Shivelys, Smyths, Bakers and of course the Egberts. It was lots of people and lots of fun. Cami played hard and had a blast with her cousins and of course Aunt Jenna and Jenn.







 It was a little chilly but the kids braved it to play on the trampoline and roast some marshmallows.
I had to update before we head out on a trip to Mesa Verde! I am excited except that JD can't come because of his internship. We are having fun keeping busy and just loving being with family!

No comments: