The rest of May and so far in June have been very busy for us. I have been working full time hours and JD has been putting in lots (and lots and lots) of time studying for the bar. I am very grateful he is willing to work hard and I hope he can keep it up for the next month and a half. I am hoping and praying (and JD and our families as well) that he only has to take it once. Hence, the lots of studying. At the beginning of this month Cami and I got a week to play with my family!!!YAY! My mom and dad and Emma and Anna came to visit! We had lots of fun and even though the pictures are all out of order, and there are a plethora of them, I hope you get the general idea that we were busy but had lots of fun. JD was studying most of it...but he did do somethings with us :)
We drove down to San Antonio so they could see the Alamo and the Riverwalk...Also so we could go to Sea World.
Cami simply couldn't resist touching pretty much every bit of water we came across...pretty sure she was a little hot and tired. Cami really did pretty wonderfully most of the time the Redd's where here, she just had a couple minor meltdowns for which I am very grateful.
I had to laugh at this one...looking down the wrong end for sure ;)
My wonderful Dad! I am so glad they were able to come visit! He is such a rock for me. I am so grateful for his strength and example to me.
I caught Anna's reflection when I was trying to take a picture of the shark...kinda cool though.
Cami and her cheeser grin...no worries it makes several appearances throughout the rest of this post.
I love the Azul show. Cami really got a kick out of the comedian.
A close second was the sea lion show. I have to say the preshows to both of the shows was pretty awesome as well.
We stopped to see the San Antonio Temple on our way home. It is so beautiful. I am so grateful for such special places that remind me that families can be together forever!
A classic Cami face.. "Mom" (said in a voice that would put any teenager to shame) Sometimes I think she is 4 going on 14...
Its not everyday you get girl and bear to look at the camera...
We took a Sunday drive to show my family Baylor campus...and you can't see campus without seeing the bears!
My beautiful sister Anna! She is not just pretty on the outside she is also pretty on the inside. She is sensitive and sweet and so strong. I have such an amazing family!
I loved this face!
My beautiful mother!! I can't really do her justice, but I am so grateful to have this most humble, selfless, patient, tender woman for my mother. She truly is amazing!
Climbing Jacobs Ladder! Such a pretty spot.
My sweet sister Emma! She is going to be an amazing mom! She is soo good inside and out. She is such an amazing example!
We ended our Sunday drive at the Arboretum, where we played with the cameras and took advantage of the many awesome photo spots there.
Snagged some family pictures!
These next ones are some from my phone and from my mom so the kinda fill in the gaps from above.
I think my Dad makes an amazing blond...don't you?
Splashing in the Bay of Play at Sea World...probably Cami's favorite part of Sea World.
I have to say we had an extremely scary 20 minutes before the above picture where I lost Cami in the rope tunnels by the bay of play and after 15 minutes of frantic searching and calling and praying, I called my mom in a panic to come help me look for her. Cami had found a park worker who was headed to take her to lost and found when my mom spotted them. I have never been so relieved in my life than when I saw Cami in my mom's arms headed toward me. I was so scared! I am so grateful that God answers prayers!
Perhaps slightly inappropriate..but funny none the less :)
Playing in the hotel pool after the Alamo and the Riverwalk.
We also got to show my family the Museum. It is truly one of Waco's gems!
Poor Aunt Emma was 21 weeks pregnant and they drove from Idaho to see us...24 hours! I might not have to add they decided to break it up for the way home.
That pretty much sums it up. We had a busy fun week and I was so glad to see family. I was sad not to be headed to Idaho for the summer, but it has not been too tragic since both sides of the family have come to see us these past couple months. That in combination with Skype/Facetime has helped make the distance not see so vast as it seemed in the past. With the knowledge that we will be in Texas for some time, it has been a comfort to know that it won't be impossible to still have relationships with our families.
2 comments:
Looks like so much fun! Glad they visited you.
Great pictures! I'm glad they were able to come visit!
Love ya! Becky
Post a Comment