Thursday, November 3, 2016

October happenings

October has kinda passed in a blur for me. We had soccer games and practices, young women activities, stake conference and Halloween. Our project of the month was cleaning out the garage and dealing with car maintenance. I really am not sure what else we did, but it went by quickly. Ollie will be three months in just a couple of days and it blows me away. We have been able to get some almost laughs and I am so happy. He is smiling so much now and loves to "talk" and interact with us. He is getting so big and we just love him. He is sleeping pretty well at nights although our days are still a little rough with schedules, but he is pretty happy and so I don't mind. Other items of note i had a bunco night and there was a ward service project. Young womens keeps me busy and adds extra stress, but I am learning so much about love and service and who I want to be. It has helped me evaluate what kind of example I want to be, and also helping me with setting priorities and figuring out what is important.
My happy smiling boy.
She really looks too big in this picture. I can't believe how fast she is growing up on me. She is such a smart thoughtful sweet girl. She has really taken to facts and coloring and writing and math lately. She is super observant and wants so much to be good and do what is right. She is so good to Ollie and helpful with things at home. She is a responsible independent little thing and we are so grateful to have her in our family!! She also really likes soccer and has grown by leaps and bounds this year with her awesome coach and team. She has told me lately that she wants to play soccer in the olympics when she grows up.
Ollie is rolling on his sides and has accidently rolled from his tummy to his back and visa versa, but not consistently, just and one time thing, He arches and kicks his little legs so much though that he travels when he is laid down, so no laying him on the bed or couch. He is very social, and loves to smile and "talk" or coo at people. He wants to be held and paid attention to pretty much all the time and gets mad if ignored. He has such beautiful blue eyes and such a big grin that takes up his whole face. We sure love our sweet boy!
It is finally starting to cool down here so we had a play date at the park with lots of friends the other day and it was wonderful. She is in her soccer stuff because we went straight to practice after.
One Saturday was the Book-A-Palooza, which is where they give away free books and have activities from books. We didn't stay long since we went after Cami's game and it was lunch time, but we scored tons of awesome free books and entered a drawing which Cami later won, so it was a win!

Cami doesn't ask to hold him much, but she is good to play with him and give him his binky. He loves to watch her and smiles so much at her. I think he will just adore her.
Cami won a Fly Guy prize from the Book-A-Palooza and it included a bug catching kit, which the following week she spent afternoons looking and evenings with Dad looking for bugs. I think she only ended up catching a moth, but she had fun with it.
sibling love...
He wouldn't go down for an afternoon nap one day and fell asleep on Cami's floor while we built legos.. such a sweet peaceful baby.
Cami the Itsy Bitsy Spider! I think it turned out rather well.
There was a ward trunk or treat the Saturday before Halloween and Cami had so much fun, Ollie, not so much. His naps had fallen apart during the day and by evening he was way over tired and fussy. JD was sweet and was helping out with him, and also missing from this picture since he was going home to get something for me for young womens, which is another story, but suffice it to say, he is very patient and supportive of me in my calling and everything else and I am very lucky to have him.
Ollie dressed up for church, although he did not actually wear the tie other than for this picture...infants and ties don't go well together...but it was cute for the picture.
Some traditions you cant let slide with a 6 year old so Monday, on Halloween we went to the pumpkin patch to get a pumpkin to decorate. We had to document that short event, and Ollie wasn't very happy at the time hence being in the car seat. Meanie mom (me) wouldn't carve it but we did paint it and everyone ended happily!
My awesome helper. She tried to carry it but it was a little heavy for her, thank goodness they had these sweet carts to pull them in!
Painting the pumpkin!
Me handing out candy to trick or treaters!!! This was a pretty big moment for me since this is the first time in our married life we have had trick or treaters. We have always lived in apartments and kids don't come to apartments and so it was so exciting. Unfortunately I wasn't adequately prepared so next year I will have to stock up more! I couldn't believe how many there were. I sat outside because A. Ollie was asleep and the doorbell was waking him up, and B. because it is Texas and it was 75 degrees outside! Growing up Halloween was always freezing, but it is perfect here. Your only worry is getting mosquito bites! 
I needed to have a better picture of Ollie in his costume, since it is his first Halloween and all! We went with a theme and although I wanted a great group shot, it didn't happen so oh well. I like to do family themed costumes and this year Cami was the itsy bitsy spider so I decided JD could be the spout and I was the rain cloud and Ollie was the sun. JD and I just had shirts with words on them for our costumes, but I was still proud of myself for the idea. 
Ollie did not go trick or treating, but slept while I handed out candy and JD took Cami trick or treating. Our neighborhood is perfect to trick or treat around and I love it!


I love his faces! Or just frankly everything about him. I am so grateful to be home with him and be able to be home when Cami comes home and get to talk to her and help her with her homework and hear about her day. Recently I was talking with one of the other moms from her soccer team about going back to work, and although there are things I miss, nothing compares to being able to be home with my kiddos and make my home a wonderful place to be. I am so grateful for my hardworking husband and that he has a job that is allowing me to be home. It is such a blessing. I am so grateful for my little family!

No comments: