Wednesday, November 10, 2010

4 Months!!!!

This past weekend JD and I were able to go to Idaho to help his mother celebrate her birthday! It was so fun to be able to be with family! We sure miss them and we have been so busy with me going back to work. We were glad we were able to come!
Cami turns 4 months old tomorrow! Yay! Here are the stats from her 4 month appointment- she weighs 12 1/2 lbs, 24 in. long! She is growing well, but I am trying not to compare her to other babies, since I know she will not be a big baby, not with the parents she has, and that is ok! She is healthy and growing, and that is what counts. She is very smiley and laughs a lot for us now. She is a pretty happy baby, sleeps well at night, just still working on the day time naps... it may have something to do with the fact that she doesn't have a consistent routine during the day, but we are consistent about putting her to bed around the same time so that helps her sleep at night. She hasn't rolled from back to tummy, but rolls up on her side, especially so she can see what is going on... she likes to be in the know about what is going on around her.
We stopped at the Redd's for a night to see everyone. Cami wanted so much to stay up and play with her aunts and uncles, but she was so sleepy!

Everyone was so happy to see Cami.
Game Time!
My pretty younger sisters!
Here we are at JD's... we were able to surprise JD's mom who didn't know that we were coming!

She was happy to see us!
So I would like to take a poll... Our pediatrician says that we can start solids...like rice cereal and such now that she is 4 months. I mostly heard that 6 months was the age. So what are your thoughts?

5 comments:

Joni and Chase said...

Not that I am a baby expert by any means but my input is that you might as well start feeding her solids and if she isn't quite ready for them then you will know.

Gunnell Family said...

My kids all started at 4 months and they really liked solid food, start slow and keep at it if she isn't interested right away it may just be that she doesn't quite know what to do with it so keep trying and see if she is ready

Cason and Katie Jo Chambers said...

We started adding rice to Creighton's bottles at 2 months. But he's never really liked to eat it plain. He doesn't like the baby oatmeal either. Anyway, I agree with your sister. I would try and if she isn't ready-you will know! :)

NB said...

Hello all, I LOVE the cute pictures of Cami in the leaves- we should have gotten some w Jackson when we were there... You should email me some of them and I will print them so we can have one for our fridge :). So I'm getting so excited for Christmas- I've renewed my cooking zeal (now that I have some energy back from my first tri and cold drainage) and I've found some really fun things we will have to make together! As far as starting at 4mo, I'd go really slow and don't rush if she seems satisfied w what she has now. We didn't start Jackson until 6mo but I its totally up to you.

Sarah and Trent said...

So cute! We started rice cereal at 4 months (which he absolutely loves) and then solids at 6. I still have to mix the solids (peas, carrots, etc.) with rice cereal for him to eat it though. But every baby is different. Good luck with what you decided!