I think January is going by quickly and I know I shouldn't wish my life away but I am glad. I just hope this week speeds by. JD's big trial starts Tuesday! I enjoyed the last week off of work. Cami and I kept busy with errands on Monday. Tuesday we had a preschool field trip to HEB- for our Idaho family that is a grocery chain they have here on Texas. It was cute for the kiddos and Cami had fun. Wednesday we went to storytime and for mutual we had a neat cultural night. Thursday we cleaned and had gymnastics. Cami is loving gymnastics. She is always so excited to go and asks all day if it is time to go yet. She is so jumpy and happy and always has a smile on her face as I watch her.
Friday we just hung out and had some friends over to play. Saturday we had some fun at the park. I do love the warmer winter although this Texas winter has been the coldest of the three we have experienced thus far.
I love that Cami is becoming more receptive to logic. Sometimes she interprets what I say in a funny way and I have to hold back a giggle. It is nice that at least half of the time she is willing to see my way without a fuss. I must say, it never occurred to me that I was stubborn until I had my determined little girl. We tend to have frequent "battle of will"s and I don't think that bodes well for her teenage years. But she is so cute and sweet other times. Before I leave for work she likes to have "family stand up hugs" and "family snuggles". She tells me, " mom I love you some of the times". Or "I love you reeses pieces". Lately she has had this thing about favorites and will ask me if a song we are listening to is my favorite and gets a little offended if I tell her it is not my favorite, not really sure why. She is getting more in the " I want to be like you" stage so I think she is upset that she likes it and wants it to be my favorite too.
We really also like sticker charts at our place. We use them to help us with goals. We just finished a chart where we worked on helping with chores like setting the table. We also worked on going to bed with out a fuss. Cami picked out a sorting fruit pie game for her prize and this is a picture of her with Daddy playing with it.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Monday, January 20, 2014
January days
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment