Monday, February 3, 2014

Post PC joys

I am happy to report that JD survived PC. And Titanic! Now we just have to wait a couple months to get his grades :) I am very grateful that is over with.  After this week of finals there will be one more quarter and then the dreaded Bar and we will be done with law school! I know I shouldn't wish my life away, but after six years of JD going to school can you blame me? Don't get me wrong I am so grateful he was willing to go to school and so grateful to have a husband who is willing to put in the effort to get a good education so he can support our family.
JD made it through his big trial and I am so grateful. It was tough for all of us with him being so busy and stressed. The night he finished we got a sweet girl from the ward to watch Cami while we went to dinner to celebrate. The next week JD dove into studying for his PC 3 final which he took on Saturday. We got a new laptop to replace our one that crashed back in October that day so JD was hoping to wind down by playing with our new "toy", but it ended up taking lots of time due to some weird techy malfuntion and long downloads and a bit of "OCD"ness on JD's part so it wasn't really very relaxing. Poor Cami gets her OCD tendencies from both parents.
On a different note last Friday afternoon was a beautiful 72 degree kinda day so Cami and I hit up the park and enjoyed the sunshine! Good thing too since it dropped back to the 40's on Sunday and looks like it will stay that way through this week....not the Texas winter I was hoping for. Saturday I enjoyed a wonderful stake Young Women's meeting and loved the sweet spirit we felt there. I love being in Young Women's and I love the women I get to work with and have worked with. I have learned so much and grown so much. Sunday was super chill and relaxing. We all really needed it. Today Cami and I went to the museum and enjoyed the new traveling exhibit, I took lots of pictures because it was so much fun...so enjoy :) Cami loved it and we spent over and hour and a half there and didn't end up even going to the rest of the museum.
JD with our new laptop. I feel badly that we always seem to only have pictures of Cami.....
These are all exhibit pictures. so much fun! Skiing!
Kayaking..."don't forget the life jacket mom"
Pit crew "like from Lightning McQueen?"
Building a snow fort.
Riding a mule down the Grand Canyon...with our cheesy grin.
Putt putt...or is it slide the ball along to the hole with the putter...
Driving along the California coast.
I loved the look on her face. Going on a hot air balloon ride, the screen on the bottom showed the ground below during the "ride" Cami said "get on mom, come ride with me"
Row Row Row your boat! With your life jacket of course! And your cheesy grin!
My little astronaut.
Stalactites, stalagmites... I have the hardest time remembering which ones come from the ground and which ones come from the ceiling
Camping! Poor kid has only been camping 2 times in her life.. we might work on that if I can convince JD that camping is ok to do in Texas. We have so much camping gear that is has just sat in our closet...for 3 years. I think the only use our sleeping bags have seen is when we had JD's family with us for Spring Break last year... 
Digging for fossils. Cami got a little wild with this one..for some reason they had paint brushes as the digging implements. I wonder that they have any bristles left in a week if the other museum patrons are anything like Cami in their enthusiasm to find the fossils.
Brushing down the horse after the Kentucky Derby. Cami was a little disappointed that she couldn't ride him.
We had friends with us! Yay. Only they didn't want to pose for pictures.
I just wanted to put a couple pictures of my young women making blankets to donate to the NICU. They are such great girls. 
A week ago Friday...back in the end of January We got some snow! Not much mind you, but enough to build a tiny snowman. Cami wasn't really keen on touching it because her boots got wet and her mittens were not water proof, but we had fun anyway and she had been asking me all morning if we could go out and play in it. I said there wasn't a lot of snow and she asked if Nana and Grandpa could bring her some snow from Idaho. I asked her how they would get it here and she said they could put it in their jackets to keep it from getting cold...we might be a little confused right? I tried to explain it would melt, but she was pretty sure they could do it.
We also made an homemade marble track on top of the preschool "quilt" on the wall. I didn't really want to put all that tape on the wall.
As for me I have really enjoyed working less this month. It was nice to catch up on some things and get some sleep and get into a pattern. I really like being able to get enough sleep and it helps me exercise consistently. So far I have kept my New Year's resolution to exercise 3 times a week. Hopefully I can keep it up since I go back to working 2 nights a week this week. 

No comments: