Monday, December 22, 2014

Tis the Season

December has been a good month for our family. JD was just called as a High Councillor and I was called as a Beehive adviser.  I am excited for a chance to work with the young women again. They are awesome and have such strength and faith. Cami and I have been finding friends in the ward and very are very grateful for how friendly everyone has been. We kept things pretty simple this year for Christmas and most of our shopping was online, since so much of it had to be shipped. Except for a cold day here and there it has been pretty nice weather and Cami and I have enjoyed playing at the park and being outside. I am loving a ground floor apartment so we can go play out behind our apartment and so that I don't have to haul groceries up stairs. 
Saturday we went to see the lights. I really only took one picture, but the lights were pretty awesome. Apparently on the weekends people sit outside their houses on these highly decorated streets and hand out treats, hot chocolate or play music. It was like a Christmas version of Halloween. People would park and walk up and down the streets and visit and see the lights and enjoy the treats. Definitely on our Christmas to do for next year!
After the lights we drove over to see a life-size nativity. It was pretty amazing. There was reverent music playing and such a sweet spirit there. It was a wonderful experience and reminded me that the true meaning of Christmas is not all the lights and presents, but our Savior. Cami is getting old enough that I have really tried to teach her this year that Christmas is about Christ and that we need to give to others and not think so much about what we get. 
We have enjoyed playing with friends! Scarlett and Cami get along so well. They are making marshmallow snowmen in this picture


Here is the Nativity

The library has been closed this month, which is a little tragic for our family since we love the library! Lucky for us they had storytime last week at the community center and Cami got to be a little pig in the straw house.
They also had Santa there...Cami is not  a shy girl. She has no qualms with taking to adults, although I can't say that it always makes sense...
Cami wanted to have a picture with Santa with a friend, so she was excited that her preschool friend Bryson was there. She makes friends really quickly which has been such a blessing.
Just another nice day after a rainy day, which means puddles!!! Who doesn't love splashing in puddles? Cami likes to "paint" the sidewalk with her wet footprints.
This last Wednesday was Cami's preschool Christmas party. I think the kids really enjoyed it...with some drama :) Here they are having an indoor snowball fight since real snow in Texas is not really very easy to come by. Cami told me the other night at dinner that there is going to be lots of snow on Christmas. I hope she isn't too disappointed when she finally accepts what I have been trying to tell her about the fact that it really doesn't snow here at all.
This year I got ambitious and made gingerbread for our houses. It took a long time and was a bit of work, but it kept Cami and I busy for a Friday afternoon making the house pieces. Saturday we put them together with JD.  It was fun to make, but if I hadn't had time to do it I wouldn't stress it. they turned out pretty well though. 

Cami and JD playing. Cami has missed having Daddy home, so we love our weekends when Dad is home.

We dusted off our Rock Band a week ago to play for a bit, thank goodness for no fail mode or it would have been a disaster.
I love this smile, and this awesome park in our apartment complex!
Fun with pipe cleaners. Sometimes we get bored...



No comments: