April has been a busy month for JD...He has had a big trial and so he has had some late nights and weekends working, which is not so very fun for us, but has been a great learning experience. Last week we had some Easter fun. Cami had three egg hunts and we enjoyed time with friends over Easter, even though JD was busy most of it.
Wednesday Cami had a preschool class Easter Egg hunt.
Thursday was storytime and they had a library Easter Egg Hunt and the Easter bunny, who inadvertently terrorized some little ones from being just a tad creepy looking...lucky for me Cami is not very scared of anything.
Friday was a fun day, It was Good Friday so JD was supposed to have it off, then work happened and so he was busy so Cami and I drove up to San Antonio and went to Disney on Ice: Frozen. It was fun although it required me to be an adult and drive in a big city by myself, which is not one of my favorite things, but I managed. The drive up was absolutely beautiful! I love Texas in the spring and all the wildflowers! They are amazing! Unfortunately I was driving so I didn't get any pictures, but it was beautiful!
After we got back JD got off work and we drove out to the beach and hung out with some friends from the ward and roasted marshmallows and Cami collected seashells and dug in the sand. It was a beautiful sunset, although this picture doesn't do it justice.
Saturday we enjoyed egg hunt number three...good thing I was recycling eggs right? This was with friends from the ward. Mostly it was a chance to get out and stretch our legs between sessions of conference, which went well despite JD being at work so I was parenting alone while trying to watch. Cami is getting much better at letting me watch. Conference by the way, was amazing. There was so much I needed to hear. I am so grateful for a living prophet and apostles!
Sunday JD was able to spend the morning with us before going into work so we dyed eggs and read the Easter story with our Resurrection Eggs. Cami's basket was simple and I really tried to teach her that the true meaning of Easter is about the Savior and His Resurrection. I know He lives and that His life, sacrifice and example make it possible for us to live again, and to overcome all the hard stuff that we will encounter in this life!
Cami in her Easter dress! Thanks Nana and Grandpa!
Cami has been joining me for mutual activities since JD has been busy, last Wednesday we did some Just Dance at the end of our activity and Cami joined right in. I love how confident they are at this age and how unembarrassed they are. So unfettered by the self consciousness we impose as we get older.
Cami making up an alphabet song to a puzzle she has. I didn't get the first part, but you get the idea. She makes me laugh everyday.
Blue Bonnet Pictures!! Usually I try to do our whole family, but getting time with JD in daylight hours was difficult this year so I decided to do them with Cami. She is such a character. I love her red hair against the backdrop of green and blue.
She was acting out a story from an Elephant and Piggy book. If you haven't read those they are so fun. by Mo Willems...









1 comment:
Love the pictures. Grateful that you post them so that we can keep up with you! Love you tons!!
Post a Comment