Thursday, April 30, 2015

Sand sculptures and the Lexington

Figured I better update before May officially hits us. This has been a busy month for us. JD had his first big trial and it lasted a week and a half. He was gone a lot during that so we were really glad when it was over. Luckily trials like that are not too often and it was a really great learning experience for JD. 
 One Saturday we went to the Museum of Science and natural history. It was interesting to learn a little more about Corpus Christi. 
This was a Sunday walk Cami and I took while Dad was working during the trial.

Our celebration dinner once the trial was over! JD had a couple half days off once it was done, one of which he spent taking a long much deserved nap. The next day we drove out to the beach and built sandcastles and JD caught a fish which we took home and he grilled up for dinner. It was pretty yummy. I am not a fish person, but fresh fish doesn't taste very fishy and is really light and flaky. 

Registered Cami for kindergarten in the fall!! Can't believe my little Pinochle is going to be going to school! 

At the Beach after Dad's trial ended!

Parade for Windfest. Better than I expected but not more that you might think for a small town.

Out to Dairy Queen, and no she didn't finish the whole thing..Dad underestimated how big a medium dipped cone was :)

Cami with her preschool class. It has been so fun for her.
Cami's last soccer game. It was a bit of a season. Practices and games got shuffled around a bit because of all the rain we had this spring and our team struggled a bit to "get" the game, but they were all super happy about the medals. I guess it is the little things that matter. Cami enjoyed it and we will try out soccer camp and fall soccer and see if she wants to keep playing. I don't plan on coaching though. It was fun, but I still don't have a clue what I am doing :)

This last weekend we went to see the Lexington, which is an aircraft carrier docked next to the bay. They have turned it into a museum and it is pretty cool. Very big and lots to explore. We were there for 3 hours and still didn't see everything. It was fun, and very good exercise!

They had a bunch of photo op things that were fun.



On the deck!
JD and Cami walking the plank. 

You can see a big oil ship coming in in the background
Cami steering the ship.

Sandfest was this last weekend and we drove out Sunday evening to see the sand sculptures. They were pretty incredible. I had no idea you could do that with sand.





It was pretty awesome. The video below is from the deck of the Lexington when the oil ship came in. If you look close at the stern you can see dolphins!


No comments: