Monday, July 27, 2015

San Antonio and Life

It has been a busy couple of weeks around here. Two weeks ago JD had a continuing education workshop in San Antonio. It was at a resort and Cami and I got to tag along. It was very fun and we enjoyed our mini vacation. It was a sad day that JD had classes all day, but we got the evenings together. We drove up Tuesday night and Wednesday Cami and I started out the day with a bike ride and playing at the play ground. Next was craft time, then swimming. We enjoyed the lazy river and sand and pool. After JD finished for the day we went to dinner and came back and roasted s'mores. 




Thursday Cami and I drove up to San Marcos and did some school clothes shopping then back to the hotel to have dinner and swim with JD. JD and Cami played while I went and did a session. It has been very difficult to get to the temple since we moved here and I was grateful to be able to go. Friday Cami and I swam till lunch, when JD finished his workshop then we went to the zoo with all of us. It was fun, even though it was very hot and we went to Wendy's for a well deserved frosty afterwards.











Some pictures of the pool and stuff, at the resort. I loved the landscaping around it. It was very pretty! 


Cami loved the water slide.

view from the hotel window...Cami wanted me to take it. Not super exciting but nice as far as courtyards go right?
Cami took this one...she gets a little jealous of me taking all the pictures.

More zoo pictures. Feeding the birds nectar.
Take two of swim lessons. Cami is really turning into a fish. She loves the water and is definitely improving!
Last week I attempted to make rock candy sticks for primary. Here is a picture of one the turned out pretty well. Unfortunately not all of them turned out so I didn't get enough done for primary, but it was a fun experiment anyway. It just takes a lot of time. These aren't very big because I only let it "grow" for 4 days instead of 7.
I miss my young women, but I am enjoying primary and the things I can learn there. I love the simple messages of the gospel taught in those songs and love getting to have fun with the little children.
Here are some videos from the last couple weeks 



No comments: