Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Christmas, Egbert Visit and more!

December was a busy month as it normally is for most people and of course I am playing catch-up or update for the blog. This year we started a new tradition of 25 days of Christ. It was a great experience and helped us remember to read the scriptures every night and focus on the Savior more so it was wonderful! Here is the little tree we set up in Cami's room and all the ornaments behind it before we started.
Early in the month the community had a Christmas event at the community center. they had this fun snow slide, letters to Santa, some carnival games, pictures with Santa although we skipped that since the line was ridiculous. They had cookie decorating, hot chocolate and crafts. It was a fun little outing for Cami and I. 

Also a little hayride :)



Cami writing to Santa. She is learning how to sound out things so well and spelling things. She loves to practice and she picks up things quickly. Of course she wanted legos this year. 
We watched the Christmas Devotional at home with popcorn and shakes. Might have to be a new tradition!
Cami and I went to a parade of lights here in Portland and it was actually better than I anticipated. Cami was happy because she got plenty of candy.
JD and I unfortunately missed our ward Christmas party since it was the same day as JD's work party, but our wonderful friends the Lund's watched Cami for us so we could go and took her to the party. I love the photo progression of her sitting on Santa's lap.
Little out of order, but a photo of the lights on the Riverwalk, in San Antonio- that was where JD's work party was. 



All dressed up for the party. It was very nice and they put us up in a fancy hotel. I got to get a new dress for the occasion and Cami had her first sleep over. She did pretty well and was good to the Lunds so I was very grateful.

A white elephant Christmas party with friends. 
We have enjoyed some fun after school activities at the library. Here is gingerbread house decorating, and although I didn't take pictures of the previous weeks they also made salt dough ornaments and painted them. It is a fun little program.
We have had some amazing warm days so we have ventured to the park plenty.
I am the room mother for Cami's class so I helped plan out their class party. We made snowmen out of toilet paper and taped on buttons and carrot noses. It was a big hit with the kiddos. It was a fun little party and I think the kids had a good time, they certainly had plenty to eat.

They had a little book exchange at the end.


More park time. 
Cami helping me decorate cookies for neighbor treats. Kept us busy for an entire day making cookies, decorating and delivering! phew!

Tuesday evening before Christmas the Egberts flew in for a visit! It was so fun to get to show them around and have them here for the holidays!
Wednesday we took them around North beach and had a crazy adventure walking up Harbor Bridge. We also went to JD's work and walked a little on the sea wall.



That late afternoon we headed to the beach to soak up the 82 degree weather. JD did a little fishing and we saw tons of dolphins. We built sand castles, got a little wet, and met friends for a bonfire with hot dogs and smores. It was really fun.










Thursday we went to see the Lexington and do a little last minute Christmas shopping.







Then we made our gingerbread houses, which we learned work better with cartons underneath and hot glue, but we made do with what we had and had fun anyway.



Christmas Morning! Cami didn't come get us till about 7:30. It was good Santa decided to wrap her present since she peaked before coming to get us!

I love her reactions! However she wouldn't stand still after opening her legos so blurry is what ya get.


Cami used her own money she earned from doing her chore chart to buy some gifts from the "penguin shop" at her school. They were sweet little gifts and I was proud of her.


It was a very nice Christmas and I am so grateful for family to be around for the holiday and also their generosity and love!

I got a silhouette! I was super excited!
Family photo on Christmas!
Aunt Jenna and Nana and I all took turns helping Cami put her lego airplane she got together. It was a big one!

That night we had a nice turkey dinner and then went to look at the lights on Candy Cane Lane in Corpus. It was pretty awesome! They do a wonderful job.


We stopped by to see the life size Nativity to put things back into perspective. I am so grateful for my Savior and his willingness to come to Earth in such a humble way. So beautiful!


We put Jenna to work trimming our hair while she was here.
Saturday we went to the Aquarium.

We have been there tons of times but this is the first time we got to feed the stingrays so that was cool.
We did some chilling after the aquarium and had homemade pizza and watched a movie so that was nice.
Out of order but Christmas evening we got the games out and played. It was a lot of fun.

Jenna got us this fun game called Egyptian Rat Screw and it had some funny twists to it that kept us laughing.
Monday we went to the park to see the ducks and geese and turtles. The turtles were hiding but the geese would eat right out of our hands so that was fun.
After that we went to the botanical gardens. It was a pretty place that I will have to revisit when it is warmer! 
We had fun feeding the birds and seeing some pretty flowers, plus lizards, snakes, turtles and playing on the toys.




We celebrated JD's birthday that evening by going out to dinner and then having cake and opening presents! I can't believe JD is 30!!


These next pictures are out of order since I took photos from JD and Jenna's phones as well as mine, but all together it makes a fun bit of pictures from the holidays.
















Tuesday we hung out and played and looked for sea shells at Sunset Lake park. It was sad to see them leave that evening, we sure enjoyed having them here.
After that we had a pretty quiet week. Cami and I cleaned and played with Christmas toys and just hung out.
Thursday evening we went to the church for the ward New Year's party, but we left around 10 to get Cami to bed. JD and I welcomed in the New Year watching mission impossible. Friday JD got up early to go fishing with friends and Cami and I slept in. We pretty much lazed around all day until feeding the elders that night.
Saturday I went to take some pictures for a family in the ward and then we went to and Eagle Court of honor. After that we went to Corpus and took Cami to a trampoline park. She had fun and wore herself out. We did a little shopping and had a pizza and a movie night.




Cami dancing at the New Year's party.

This week was back to life, JD is officially part of team Clancy at work. He has worked hard and this job has been very good to our family and JD. He has grown a lot professionally this past year and learned a lot and been rewarded for it. I am so proud of him and so grateful for all he does for our family. 
So wrapping up another wonderful year. I have so much to be grateful for, prayers that have been answered, experiences and difficult things that have taught me much and friendship gained. I have been so blessed and I am so excited for a new year and opportunity to grow!

No comments: