I have been a little preoccupied of late so I fell a little behind in my blogging. So here is our update!
January Highlights:
* I had an OB appointment and 2 ultrasounds! We are expecting!! It is our little miracle. It feels almost unreal after wanting a baby for the last 3 1/2 years. We had been working with our OB with medications since Feburary and found out the week of Thanksgiving. We waited to tell till my ultrasounds to make sure things were going well. Due date is August 6th!
*We went to a circus and enjoyed the elephants, tigers, trapeze artists and more.
*enjoyed a little fishing and the park on sunny days. This winter has been incredibly mild and so we have enjoyed our walks to school and time at the park.
*I kept busy with crafts and bunco nights and book club
*JD has been busy with work and his calling
*Cami is still enjoying school and learning to read quite well. We started reading the Book of Mormon together as a family for a goal for Primary and Cami reads a verse or two pretty much by herself. She memorizes words quickly and is getting pretty good at sounding out although she often tries just guessing first. She got her first ear infection which was sad in and of itself but also unfortunately in combination with JD being sick resulted in us missing our Color Vibe run, but we still got our t-shirts! Maybe next year!
February Highlights;
* We announced the gender of our baby that we found out through a genetics blood test, which is pretty cool you can find out so early!
*Trip to the beach for some fun in the sun and sand, not so much the water yet!
* Cami started soccer this week and I think it will be a good season, and I am glad to be a spectator and not the coach.
*2 workshops to practice our hammering and crafting
*I got to help out with Cami's class valentine party
*Celebrated Valentines Day with food, chocolate, presents, a scavenger hunt, and dinner out all together.
That pretty much summarizes the past month and a half since I last posted so here are the pictures. I once again am so grateful for so many things. I feel so blessed to have the family and friends we have. I am so grateful that the Lord answers prayers in His time and grateful to be pregnant. I truly feel so blessed,
My 10 week ultrasound picture
Cami won't let me teach her piano yet, but she loves to listen to demo songs and write down her favorites.
On cooler days we do puzzles and legos and games.
This is the only picture I took from the circus...It was pretty awesome and very fun to watch though!
Soaking in the sun while fishing at the pier.
The reveal to Cami!
Me at 13 weeks
Gender reveal!
Its a BOY!!!!
Enjoying the kids workshop at Home Depot. Cami loves to hammer things so this was great!
Soaking up some sun at the park!!
Cami with her Valentine box we made for school. This girl sure likes her legos!
I got to be the room mom for Cami's class this year and it has been fun to help with the parties. I think the craft was a little much, but they certainly liked the game!
Enjoyed a Build and Grow workshop the next weekend at Lowes! Yay for free crafts that involve more hammering. Cami did all the nails herself, except maybe one :)
Celebrating Valentine's Day with a scavenger hunt to find the presents!
I think she likes it!
Also got spoiled by her Aunt...
and Nana and Grandpa!
Our beach day on Saturday. It was perfect weather and we loved it... now to remember to start putting sunscreen on again.. My redheads got a little sun!
Seems like spring is already here and we are loving it with sidewalk chalk and playing at the park!
I read an awesome quote the other day that is my new favorite. It is by Pres. Monson "Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved." Maybe my next silhouette project?




















1 comment:
So happy for you, Liz and JD!! Cami will make a wonderful big sister. :)
Post a Comment