It has been a crazy couple of weeks. August 2nd, my parents flew in to help out when Oliver was born, Wednesday the 3rd we took Cami to swim lessons and drove out to Port A to show them the beach. My mom went with me to mutual and before that we drove around to show them Portland. Thursday we anxiously awaited the call from the hospital to say they had a bed since I was to be induced..but no luck. Friday we were still waiting and finally my parents and I drove out to the mall to walk around and hope they would call me in, finally around 4 pm they called me in. They started me on cervidil and my body took over from there. Oliver James Egbert was born Saturday August 6th, 2016 at 1:26 am. I had some hemorrhaging complications and didn't make it to post partum till 5 pm that day. I am extremely grateful for the power of the priesthood. When the doctors where telling me I might have to go to the OR for a D&C I asked JD to give me a blessing and suddenly things turned around. My recovery still had a slight bump when some of my stitches from my episiotomy fell out, but with some help from family and rest I am doing better everyday. Oliver has been so wonderful and nurses well and has really been so calm and slept pretty well and brings such joy to our home. Cami just adores him so that is wonderful as well. My parents stayed till Saturday the 13th and then flew home. I am so grateful they were here and for all their help and support. It was definitely life saving. Cami loved playing with Grandma Redd and she had brought so many fun activities for Cami. It was such a blessing.
38 weeks! Almost there!
Sprinklers on the trampoline!
Third round of swim lessons! Cami made so much progress this summer, but I think we will need another couple rounds of swim lessons next summer.
Grandma and Grandpa Redd arrive!
Homemade gak with Grandma.
I finished a couple projects while I was anxiously waiting, Like this giant checker board, and crocheting around burp cloths, And making a job chart for Cami... I don't sit still very well.
All set to go!
He is here!
He looks like a little old man here ;), He was just wondering where in the world he was. He was a little pale because he had a nucal cord, and he had a bump on his head from the vacuum they had to use to help get him out. It was a bit of a tight squeeze. He was 6 lbs 11 oz, 20 1/2 in long. He seems so tiny, but I think I am just a tad petite so it was good he wasn't any bigger.
Cami meeting Oliver for the first time.
On post partum, Cami sharing my lunch. She had a hard time being quiet or still in the hospital...lets be honest she has a hard time being quiet or still anytime ;)
Headed home! Really my stay was pretty good, I had great nurses and doctors, but I was ready to go home for sure.
After our first doctor appt... He did pretty well and the doctor said he didn't look jaundiced so she didn't draw any blood so it was pain free. I just loved this face he made when we got home. He only lost 2 oz from his birth weight so that was pretty awesome as well.
Marshmallow wars with Grandma Redd.
Oilver's first bath, and poor JD got peed on.
So grateful he made it here safe and sound and that we are all recovering and such. Cami starts school next week which is crazy, but I think will be good for my recovery ;)










































2 comments:
Congrats, Liz and JD!! He's so handsome and is blessed to have come to an amazing family. :) How cute to see Cami holding her baby brother!
Loved reliving the memories. So grateful that we had that time to spend with you. Love you all very, very much!
Post a Comment