Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Celebrating 6 years and other fun stuff!!

July update!
Since I last posted we have traveled a bit with JD. It has been nice when he travels for us to tag along so we don't just miss him while he is gone. We have had a couple beach trips, but not nearly as many as last year...it is a little hot for me with no shade, so we will have to figure out something for next year with a little one. JD and Cami always love the water and sand and we were lucky to have friends along to chat with and for Cami to have buddies. Other important things included:
*Fourth of July celebrations starting with breakfast with the ward then a day at Schlitterbahn's in which I got a little toasted. Then ended with watching fireworks from North Beach.
*Cami finished her second round of swim lessons- she has fun and I think she is learning and improving a bit, but it is super hot for me to wait for her. Good thing it is only 45 minutes!
*Cami celebrated her 6th Birthday!!! I can hardly believe my little girl is 6! Started off with her birthday breakfast and then swim lessons, she helped me decorate her cake and fill up water balloons for her party that afternoon and then some friends came over to play in the sprinklers, a little pool, balloons and squirters. Also cake and ice cream of course! We ended up the day going to Chuck-y Cheese. She got a trampoline this year which is also kind of a gift for me since it gives her an outlet for her amazing store of energy.
*Trip to Houston while Dad had meetings, we got brave and took the metro downtown to the zoo and it was fun except brutally hot so we were glad to cool off in the pool when we got back.
*I got called to be the YW President in our ward so that has also been keeping me busy. 
*This past week I went to Youth Conference for a day then we headed up to San Antonio while JD had work stuff and Cami and I hung out at the hotel pool then did some school shopping in the outlet malls. Then we went to Houston and spent Saturday going to the Natural Science museum and then got to go see Wicked!!!

One of our beach trips! Maybe the ward FHE on the beach?
Being brave and taking the Metro to the zoo!
The Houston Zoo! It really is a great zoo, and luckily had several cool down spots, Cami and I worked hard to drink lots of water so it wasn't too bad.
A family of elephants! They have so many!
Stare down with a commodo dragon
The dino exhibit at the zoo.
It also had a splash pad, which was a life saver for Cami so she could cool down!
The petting zoo..
Playing at the hotel pool!
Checking out the view of downtown Houston.
We went to pretty much all the library family days in June and enjoyed the different programs. We really have pretty fun programs for such a small library and community here in Portland. I have been glad for the reading program this summer as it gave Cami incentive to read to me and practice her reading.
This is my 34 week picture...Right now I am currently over 37 weeks but I will have to put another picture up next post.
This summer we have been able to go to a kids book club that some awesome ladies in the ward put together. We have read Circus Mirandus, Crenshaw, and Bliss. They have all been fun different chapter books that I mostly read aloud to Cami and then we would meet with the other kids and have fun activities. For Crenshaw the kids talked about those who are less fortunate and homeless and made these goodie bags to be taken to someone who feeds homeless people in our community. I think it was great to help teach the kids how lucky they are and how to think of others.
We attempted to go to the Aransas Pass 4th celebration, it was a little crowded and then we realized that it was getting super late and we had church at 9am the next morning so we left, much to Cami's disappointment.
Cami and JD playing on trampoline after we got it for Cami's birthday! She loves it!
Fourth of July ward breakfast, I neglected to get any pictures at Schlitterbahn's but we had a blast and the Everitts went too so we had friends to hang out with too!
Cami felt we needed to show a little patriotism. I think I will need to get a bigger flag next year.
Waiting for the fireworks!

This picture cracks me up since I inadvertently blinded poor JD with my flash. Cami was having a blast with the glow sticks. 
I finally made it to the hatchling release. It is super early in the morning and all the way out on the national seashore, so an hour drive for us. It has been part of my bucket list since we moved here so I figured we better do it! It was neat to see the tiny little turtles and learn about the efforts to conserve them since they were nearly wiped out. So they protect the nests and then let them all back to the ocean once they hatch and keep away the seagulls and crabs that would eat them on their way to the ocean. 


We hung out on the beach for a little bit, but not too long since we came by ourselves and I was a little exhausted from getting up so early!

Playing yardzee on the trampoline- the grass was too long so the dice kept tipping over so we played on the tramp!
Cami's birthday! We had got her trampoline a little early so we could have it set up for her party so it was nice that she had presents from the grandparents to open on her big day!

Cami helped me decorate her cake, I am obviously no professional and really it would be easier to just buy it, but it is kinda fun to try, and yes it is leaning and yes it is huge!
Cami's little water party!

Birthday dinner at Chucky Cheese. JD got her a ton of tokens...maybe so he could play too right ;)
This was our pool time in San Antonio. Cami and I swam most of the morning before heading out to do our shopping.
The Houston Museum of Natural Science. We got a sweet groupon and decided to try out the butterfly exhibit, which was pretty much the best part. It was so neat to have so many buttterflies flying around us!



Cami also liked the dinosaur exhibit.

This picture is probably only funny to us since right before JD was in the middle of a work text and didn't realize he was right next to this display and Cami comes over and says "Dad you are next to a dead monkey!" and JD was startled so we all got a good laugh.
I thought the Egypt exhibit was pretty neat, but Cami thought it was a little creepy. 
Then we got to go see Wicked!!! I was so excited. I have been trying to get JD to go with me since we were first married, and this year he surprised me with tickets on our anniversary. It was so much fun and Cami enjoyed it too!
We have had a busy month, and I currently just have over 2 weeks to get things ready for the baby. Most of what I want to accomplish is done though so that is good. My parents will be flying out in 2 weeks so I am very excited for that! I am grateful this summer has gone by as quickly as it has and that we have had lots to do and fun activities to keep us busy and happy. We are so very blessed!

No comments: