Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sunday Sermon

Today was a great fast Sunday. I really enjoyed testimony meeting and felt a renewed desire to try harder. There was an interesting testimony that also had to do with the lesson JD and I taught in Gospel Doctrine. He talked about how easy we have it to have the gospel in our lives. In our lesson Alma teaches his son Helaman to be watchful and not be slothful because of the easiness of the way. Earlier this week when I read a verse earlier in the chapter, Alma tells his son that it is as easy for us to have faith and walk the straight course to eternal bliss as it was for Lehi and his family to follow the directions on the Liahona to the promise land. I was marvelling at the simplicity of the Lord's directions when JD pointed out that it was not easy for some, meaning Laman and Lemuel. At the end of chapter 37 Alma tells his son Helaman that we must look to God and live. It really is that simple, have faith and look to God. One of the comments from the class members was that to look to God means to be constantly turning toward Him, by our actions, our thoughts, our words, and our dilligence to His words. So this week I am going to try to more fully have faith in God's plan for me and turn more to Him by the things I do and say.

No comments: