Yeah for the weekend. This week was a little crazy, I worked nights, which means JD and I didn't get to see each other as much and the week flew by. JD had lots of homework and we were both so grateful for the weekend! We had a fun weekend attending the BYU vs. UNLV, a crazy game that kept us guessing till the last second because BYU's defense was not really stopping UNLV. We got to go to the BYU's Final Cut- lots of shorts made by students in the media majors. It was lots of fun and there were some really good ones. We went to dinner with the Hickenloopers and just had a nice fun evening. Today we got the oppertunity to teach Gospel Doctrine. We taught 3 Nephi 17-19. I love those chapters because they are so neat with all the miracles. Christ institutes the sacrament and teaches them about prayer and about being one with Christ and the Father. I felt it went well. I feel so often inadequate and under qualified to teach, but the Lord has given us each talents and abilities to share with others, so I hope that what we prepare and teach can make a difference, it definately helps me. Well JD is anxious to go eat with the Hickenloopers so I better leave it at that. Have a wonderful fall week!Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Sunday Sermon...
Yeah for the weekend. This week was a little crazy, I worked nights, which means JD and I didn't get to see each other as much and the week flew by. JD had lots of homework and we were both so grateful for the weekend! We had a fun weekend attending the BYU vs. UNLV, a crazy game that kept us guessing till the last second because BYU's defense was not really stopping UNLV. We got to go to the BYU's Final Cut- lots of shorts made by students in the media majors. It was lots of fun and there were some really good ones. We went to dinner with the Hickenloopers and just had a nice fun evening. Today we got the oppertunity to teach Gospel Doctrine. We taught 3 Nephi 17-19. I love those chapters because they are so neat with all the miracles. Christ institutes the sacrament and teaches them about prayer and about being one with Christ and the Father. I felt it went well. I feel so often inadequate and under qualified to teach, but the Lord has given us each talents and abilities to share with others, so I hope that what we prepare and teach can make a difference, it definately helps me. Well JD is anxious to go eat with the Hickenloopers so I better leave it at that. Have a wonderful fall week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment