Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I am a lucky girl!

I know, the moment you have all been waiting for. Considering that I started this project three months ago I am proud to announce that I have finished the blessing blanket. Unfortunately for my other children they will get to use the same blanket minus the pink ribbon if they are a boy :)
Here is a close up but you don't really want to look too close, I am just learning how to crochet and I am not that amazing. Because I am slow, I tend to get creative and see how I can make what I have done work rather than pull it out and do it over, so there are plenty of mistakes. However, I am choosing to look at the positive side and notice that overall it turned out very nicely.
Reason #1 of many that make me a very lucky girl, I got to have my family visit over this past weekend and here Anna and my Mom play the Wii ... they are kayaking if you couldn't tell.
They are very busy people so I was glad to get to spend so much time with them.
Reason #2 of many many more, that make me a lucky girl is that I have a sweet husband. I am so grateful for my helpful considerate and supportive husband. I worked nights this past week and so I was coming home Thursday morning and stepped in the door and felt different ground beneath my feet! JD did it all while I was at work! I really could say so much about my wonderful husband, how patient and gentle and loving he is to me. I am so grateful for the knowledge of the restored gospel that teaches us that we can be together forever as a family.

1 comment:

Cakes4U said...

Great job Liz on that beautiful blanket. It will be a family heirloom for ever. Way to go J.D. on the new floor (the kitchen/dining one too. You two are so industrious!