Monday, February 6, 2012

Another Final Over

JD finished his second set of finals! YAY! It was a little rough but I am so proud of how hard he works. The extra lame part about finals is the long wait to see how he did since they are so tough to grade because they are pretty much all three hour essays. There is also no break in between quarters, so JD was back to school at 8 am this morning. We did have a nice relaxing weekend that involved lots of napping, my excuse was that I worked Saturday night :) We went out for lunch Friday to celebrate and went for a walk Saturday, but other than that we pretty much stayed home and relaxed.
We got rid of the binky the weekend before last which went very well. Cami looked in all the usual spots and kept saying "binky" and I just said "all gone" and she was ok with it. She fussed a little at naps and bed times for a couple days but not really any more than normal... our secret? About four months ago we had taken it away during the day and kept telling her binkys were for naps and bedtime. We would give it to her at church until she could go to nursery to keep the noise level down. (she has not discovered her "inside" voice yet). But other than that we didn't let her have it and she got over it. In fact she would often bring us the binky when she found it because she knew we would take it away anyway.
My other battle that I have just decided to give up is the bottle. Each kid has their special toy or blanket or binky, but Cami's is her bottle. I just cannot get her to take milk in any other container and she drinks a lot of milk. After an hour screaming, crying, pleading, bribing fest last week, and some other times in the past couple months, I gave up. We don't put her to bed with it and she drinks juice from a sippy, so I think it is ok. I just don't want to fight when it comforts her and is familiar to her. Eventually we will get there but it is not today or even the next month so I am not going to worry about it.
Cami gets a little shy about dancing when I get the camera out, but I wanted to try to get a video of her with her tutu. Hopefully I will get a better one in the future.
Cami found JD's hat one morning when I was getting ready and she loves to wear it. She frequently goes and finds it and puts it on. We caught some fun pictures of her wearing it yesterday.




I am enjoying work and learning to have a better attitude about the dreaded day after working all night. I am lucky to have a job, especially one I enjoy and have good people to work with. It is truly a blessing and I should not complain about it. Especially when there are so many who work full time and have kids and just deal with the lack of sleep. 

1 comment:

NB said...

Love Cami dancing! We had a really hard time getting Jackson off the bottle too... just takes time like you said! Yay JD way to go!