Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fun and Games

Cami likes to play Zelda with her daddy when he comes home and needs an unwind. She is starting to enjoy watching movies/TV and it is sometimes a huge temptation not to let that entertain her. I have enjoyed several blogs that I have found on Pinterest that have given me some fun ideas. My biggest struggle is learning to let go of the making a mess thing. I am a little bit of a neat freak and I have to restrain myself from picking up everything and preventing Cami from playing with it. I have to take deep breaths when she makes large messes faster than a cyclone and remind myself that she is little and needs to have fun. For example when she pulls all of the towels out of the basket, dumps all my feminine products on the floor, then the cotton balls, then the q-tips and the toilet paper, which she likes to put a roll on each arm and sit in the now empty basket. Yes all this can be accomplished in the few minutes it takes me to put in my contacts and brush my teeth. She is however getting better about helping momma put it all back. 
She is getting a little better about playing by herself, except when she hasn't felt well, which regrettably has been often in the past 3 months going back and forth with a ridiculous cold. I think I have given up putting the humidifier away till April. 
JD is busy with his 3rd quarter! I can't believe how quickly this first year is going by. I am grateful for JD and how hard he works with school and how supportive he is. At least from my perspective he is enjoying what he is learning since it is so much more applicable to his future profession.
Cami is learning so much so fast. She is learning new words all the time and getting better at repeating and hopefully understanding me. Lately she has learned "al don" which is good and bad, since she often decides she is done before I want her to be done, like with brushing her teeth or eating her lunch. At least it gives me the warning signal to quickly remove the tray before she resorts to throwing/scattering her food. Last night in her bath she kept scooting all the toys around her saying "by by dutty" which I think means ducky. She has already memorized several of the words from the library books we got last week, and by the same token so have I since we can't get through the day without reading them at least 5-6 times.

 We discovered play dough last week and after some encouragement and helping on my part she is getting to like it. Here is the link to the recipe. I love the blog where I got it since it has some awesome ideas to entertain and teach your kids at the same time. 

 I found these among our Halloween costume bags and Cami had lots of fun with the sparking lights, which you cannot see in the photo.


No comments: