Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Finally finished

I finally finished the puppets I was making to go with Cami's theater. She just likes to make animal noises with them which is fine by me. I am sure she will like them more when she is older.
 Last Saturday we had some friends over and JD and I got to experience taking care of more than just Cami and was good. The down side was that we were all sick with colds, but I am happy to report Cami seems to be finally over her cold and JD and I are getting there.
 The kids played really well together and had fun with the piano and coloring so we kept busy and had a fun time.
 Yes that is Cami drawing on the table... 
I made up a game with our Coloretto cards where she could practice matching and colors... She gets a little frustrated sometimes and lately has been kind of OCD about laying them out in straight rows...
This last Sunday at church we had a wonderful lesson about who we should be. I was very touched by the lesson and grateful for an inspired Relief Society presidency. It was what I needed to hear. One of the highlights from the lesson was about learning not to look to others to find out what we should be, but to turn to the Lord and learn what He would have us be. Perfection is going to look different for every person because we are all different and are meant to be. The way that we show love or give service may be different, but no less serviceable then what someone else might do. In fact someone may have a specific need that only we can fill with our own individual talents and abilities. It gives me hope and perspective to stop judging myself by those around me and take it to the Lord, like it says in Ether 12 :27. The teacher referenced two talks that I will link here because I love them- One is by Lynn G Robbins, and the other by Dale G Renlund. I am so grateful to have the gospel in my life that gives me hope, perspective and purpose.

1 comment:

Sarah and Trent said...

The puppets look great! Good job. I am so impressed with all the activities you do with Cami - makes me inspired to do more with Jackson. Also thanks for sharing your insights - it was something I needed to hear as well :)