Cami decided the other day that she just will not sit in her high chair and so she is currently using one of my old nursing books for a booster. She is so funny, and as you can see in this picture loves her macaroni and cheese.
Cami loves to play picaboo, that and reading and tickling are pretty much her favorite activities. So I saw a cute idea on pinterest for a "reading nook" and pretty much just simplified it so it involved draping fabric that was on sale at walmart over a short shower curtain rod and pinning it to the wall. She loves peeking around the fabric and saying " I see you". This last week her vocabulary has started to explode. She has been talking a lot for months, but now more of it is actually understandable! She can say some of her ABC's, almost spell her name, say please and thank you, and almost count to 10. I love it! It is so fun, but also making me realize that I need to be careful what I say and how I say it. JD was watching her while I slept after work and she kept saying "sit down" real fiesty...like mom says when Cami stands up in the tub, repeatedly and grins after I tell her not to.
I did make a quick couple of pillows to make it more comfy in our fort!
Last Friday a couple of my friends had a joint baby shower and I got to make the diaper cakes...They were lots of fun and I thought they were cute so I wanted to show them off! They are supposed to be strollers on the side if you can't tell :)
Cami is learning how to color better...mostly since I finally got her a coloring book and it has pictures of Elmo, who is her very favorite.
As for JD, he is working hard. JD finally got all his grades back from his second quarter and did very well. He and his partner made it to the semifinals (the elite 8) of the moot court competition too! I am so proud of JD and how hard he works at school. I am also so grateful for his support at home. He is always willing to pitch in when I ask and he is good about letting me sleep after work when he can be home. I am sure grateful for such a wonderful, hardworking, supportive husband who also makes me laugh and smile every day!
2 comments:
I like the diaper stroller idea. Never seen that before!
Love reading your blog and love you especially. Mom
Post a Comment