Lately I feel like 50% or more of our days are spent doing puzzles. Cami loves puzzles right now! Lucky for me a sweet lady from work donated several puzzles for the cause! It is nice that something so cheap and simple can be so entertaining. I love puzzles, just wish Cami would do them by herself sometimes. I say would because she is capable and smart enough to do them alone, but due to her very social nature is constantly saying "I need help" to get us to spend hours "helping" with puzzles. Interestingly enough the journey is more entertaining then the destinations since as soon as the puzzle is complete she instantly tears it apart saying "do again?". I love spending time with her, but in an example of today, my sweet husband was watching her while I attended a meeting for church and "couldn't" get in the shower till 12:30 because our daughter did not want him to leave. Little spoiled? Probably. We sure love her energy and are so glad she wants to be around us!
To help with all the floor sitting with puzzles and also because it is cute I made this little floor cushion-the pink polka dotted thing she is sitting on. I found the pattern on pinterest. It was fun to make and has a little handle to help with hauling it around!
Another pinterest project pictured here is a fishing game I made with socks and washers stuffed in the ends and a magnet on the fishing pole.
Showing her catch!
We have made a couple trips to the museum to escape the house, since it has been a little cold here lately. Nothing compared to the below zero temps our Idaho families have experienced, but cold for us Texans :).
Pretty sure this is a nice cultural mix of Mexican and Holland, don't you think?
Filling up the car, apparently she wants to be a police officer. Probably because the police cars have little phones in them.
We had a nice Christmas break, although for my part it was full of work and much too short. JD has a couple weeks till finals and is busy studying and I keep busy with work and my calling in the Young Womens and of course keeping up with Cami. Cami continues to amaze me with how much she understands things and keeps JD and me laughing with her perceptive comments. She has lately been real focused on what makes us sad and happy and mad. She always wants to say every prayer, but needs a little help with the reverence part...where she doesn't eat and move and play while praying! The other night when I was leaving for work she said, "don't miss your baby!". She is really a joy, she is so happy and smart and loves to laugh and tease. One thing we have struggled with is how detail oriented and rigid she is. She loves her routines and things to be always the same. I think it is the age and she will hopefully become more flexible with time. I am so grateful for our little family and for the gospel perspective that we can be together forever!
No comments:
Post a Comment