Sunday, January 27, 2013

"Fore!"

This week we had a couple just beautiful days! We got out to the zoo and the park a couple times and Cami and I had a fun little picnic on the common area in front of our apartment. Cami loved it! 
 This picture cracks me up. We let Cami have her lamp on for 15 or so minutes after we tuck her in every night and this is what I found when I went to tuck her in Thursday night. She loves to haul bunches of toys and such into bed with her during that time frame,but usually she is awake when I go into turn off the light and so we de-junk her bed so she can sleep. Thursday, however, she didn't take a nap during the day...she played the whole time she was in there, so by bed time she was exhausted, and this is the result!
 Here is a picture from our picnic, yeah Cami looks angry, but I promise she liked the picnic :) That is just one version of her cheeser smile.
Saturday we got to go on a date!!!! We had arranged with another couple in our ward to swap babysitting so we could go on dates and this Saturday was our turn! So we headed to the junior course at Cottonwood Creek golf course. It was a little chilly, but the sunset was beautiful and we had fun. JD is great about teaching me and not laughing at what I am sure is a pretty ridiculous looking golf swing.

(sorry this picture is out of order, this is from Cami and I's picnic)

more golf pictures!
Overall a busy fun week. I had a wonderful tender mercy from our Heavenly Father in the form of  a wonderful thoughtful lady from our ward who came and got Cami Wednesday morning to go play with her little boy so I could sleep after working. I used to think the ladies that I worked with that had kids and didn't have anyone watch them after working nights were crazies, but now I am one of those :) I think part of it comes from a desire to save money and also to not inconvenience anyone. Whatever the case may be, we plug along and we are very blessed. I am so grateful for how the Lord gives us opportunities to grow and learn in this life and blesses us through others. I love teaching and serving in Young Women's and I learn so much. Last week the lesson was on listening to the Holy Ghost and following promptings. Today in our lesson one of my beautiful young women shared an experience where she had felt down during the day and received a text just when she needed it to remind her that she is a special young woman. I was reminded of how important it is to listen and follow those promptings that we receive from the Spirit. 

2 comments: