Sunday, February 24, 2013

Love Day and other February Fun

It has been a busy month for us and we have had lots of fun. Lots of pictures to share! The day before Valentine's Day Cami had a little party with her friends (the party I made the heart toss for). We got to go to the Elsworth's house and the kids had lots of fun making quite the ruckus. This first picture is Cami putting some valentines into the heart pockets they made..or mom's made as was our case, since Cami was more interested in their books and jumping around on the bed then in arts and crafts. This also demonstrates my attempt to braid her thin hair.
 We tried to get a group picture but I think too many were a little more interested in their valentine's than in looking at the camera. I love Cami's face in the first one.


 I have felt pretty crafty of late. I found an idea on pinterest to put upper and lower case letters on little wood blocks with magnets and help them learn which ones go together. She gets some of them, others not so much..altogether something we will grow into. Cami really doesn't have the attention span to focus on all the letters and I need to just pull out a couple at a time to work with her. She has so many letter oriented activities that when she says she wants to play with letters (a pretty much daily occurrence) we have to ask which letters. Not that I am trying to over do it, it just is that she is such a smart little cookie that I keep trying to find new things to do to keep her busy :) because as you know busy hands are happy hands!

 Valentine's Day we made a card for dad. Cami was so funny, she doesn't like to get her hands dirty but I talked her into one hand print, after she did one, I asked her if she wanted to to the other hand and she said, "no, mommy do it." So I did my handprint, and Cami looks at it and looks at hers and says "wow thats a big big hand!" Thanks Cami, I always thought my hands were small, but not from her perspective! We celebrated Valentine's Day a day later since I was scheduled to work Thursday night, I really ended up working 4 hours, but we had arranged to switch babysitting with another couple in our ward so we could go out. So Friday JD took me to dinner and frozen yogurt while Cami was babysat and then we got to come home and watch one of my favorite chick flicks that JD gave me for Valentines, Sweet Home Alabama. It was a fun little day. Cami got a bear from Dad and a little tiger from Nana and Grandpa Egbert. Cami loves that tiger and he has been fed at the table, taken to friends houses, and quite frankly as Cami told me before one of her naps "I love my tiger, he's my favwite". He gets to reads scriptures and stories with us, sing songs before bed. Yep at least for now he is a favorite.


 I found another idea on pinterest that we made this past week. Cami loves to play with the flashlight and I thought she would get a kick out of this Shadow box theater. We  had fun with it and later she took the stick puppets and read some library books to them.
Here is video of her playing with the shadow theater. I didn't take pictures from the front where you actually see the shadows but it is pretty cool.

 Cami reading to her puppets
 My Valentine's gift! Thanks JD!
 On the same site I found the shadow box idea was this idea for some fake food/desserts. We had fun decorating the tops of them with "sprinkles" (fabric paint)
 In case you can't tell they are donuts and cake :)
 This week was busy with visiting teaching, helping friends move, a ward chili cook-off, getting ready for Young Women's New Beginnings next week, feeding the missionaries, 2 days of work and school as usual for JD, and I got photoshop!!!! I am super excited to learn how to use it. I have learned a few things already but I am thrilled to learn more! 

1 comment:

Jacalyn said...

Love the cute pictures. You are so creative.