We got super lucky and our family came for JD's spring break! It was lots of fun! Glad they put up with our little apartment and crazy time change on top of daylight savings because we sure had a blast!
Cami loved having cousins to play with. I was pretty impressed with her level of sharing and patience. Not perfect but much better than I had expected. The kids just love their Aunt Jenna.
We had to show them where JD spends most of the day and went on a tour of Baylor Law School.
Monday we went to the children's museum and fought the spring break crowd. It was still fun and we are glad for the Mayborn Museum!
I wont say anything about how nice bedtimes were....because nice is not at all what I was thinking. They were pretty much terrible. Wish we would have resorted to the driving around to get them to fall asleep earlier in the week...
More museum fun.
That night we attempted to go to the jump-in-place, but spring break is busy in Waco so it was full and we opted for the park instead. It was beautiful weather! Thanks Texas for coming through and being nice for our Idaho counterparts!
I am afraid our little Cami was at times a little rough with Jackson...she had so much fun wrestling someone closer to her own size.
Tuesday and Wednesday we spent in San Antonio. We went to the Alamo and the Riverwalk on Tuesday.
I love Katie's bird-mouth!
The mall on the Riverwalk had this mini-Alamo we thought was cool.
Katie showing us how to put on lip gloss...
On the riverwalk, it is so beautiful.
Wednesday we went to Seaworld! It was fun to see the shows...I didn't take very many pictures of the shows this year because I think I wanted to see how the kiddos reacted to things more. Other than Cami's massive melt-down on departure we had a great time and got to see some fun shows and JD and Dad and Jenna and I got to ride a couple roller coasters! Thanks Mom and Nicole for watching the kiddos so we could run off for an hour!
I love the face Cami is making in this picture. Jenna had asked her a question and she gave her this look that seems to say.."really Jenna?"
Playing in the splash are in the Bay of Play.
Playing in the sun and a 15 minute kicking and screaming session on exiting Sea World sure can wear a body out. This is after approximately 2 minutes in the car...didn't quite make it to the second light on the way down the hill...
Cami's first haircut! Thanks Jenna! Here is the before
Here is the after shot. We really only cut off around an inch but it is the first time we have cut her hair.
Friday we went to Dinosaur World in Glen Rose. They had tons of life-size models of dinosaurs. The kids had fun and Texas showed our Idahoans that you can be hot in March!
Cami wanted to read the map herself to make sure we were headed in the right direction.
Digging for fossils at the fossil dig!
Cami showing us her treasures she found at the fossil dig. She is all sweaty from running around at the playground.
Thanks to Nana, Grandpa, Nicole, Jenna, Jackson and Katie for coming and helping us have a wonderful Spring Break!! We love you and miss you already!
No comments:
Post a Comment