Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Arches and Mesa Verde!

Last week Cami and I got to go on a trip with my Mom, Dad, Joni, Chase, Alvin,  Anna and  Gracey. Cami did really quite well. We did have some melt downs but overall pretty well and I was glad since I was parenting solo because JD had to stay for his internship. We got lots of swimming, hiking, picnicking, and of course sight seeing in. We drove most of Wednesday down to Moab and swam at our hotel that night. Thursday we spent the morning hiking and driving around Arches National Park. Then we drove to Cortez, Colorado where we stayed that night and spent all of Friday touring Mesa Verde. Saturday we stopped at Hovenweep  National Monument and then drove home. It was fun and I think Cami, Alvin, and Gracey enjoyed being the only grand kids.  
At Arches.




Balancing like the Balancing Rock!


More balancing, Cami wanted to help me.
We hiked to the quintessential Delicate Arch. Very pretty, a little of a difficult hike for Cami but she did well and Dad and Anna saved me with helping carry Cami. Thank goodness she is good about letting people help carry her or we would not be able to make it.
Mesa Verde pictures.
This was at the Cliff Palace

Touring Mesa Verde involved lots of climbing...some a little scary.



They had these areas where they would grind corn. It really made me think about how hard life was back then and how lucky we are now!
Down in a Kieva- a circular type cellar where religious ceremonies and such took place.



Playing in the tub with Alvin!

We got pretty tuckered out with all our hiking and climbing.
Hovenweep Monument

These next pictures are just some that I played around with in photoshop. I took pictures of wildflowers and merged them into some other pictures I took just for fun.




No comments: