Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Happy Father's Day and Other Fun

I will tell you what! This summer has been busy! I can hardly believe we have been here for a month already! It has flown by. We are always busy around here! I am so glad we have had so much family time. My parents have decided to sell their home so we have been super busy doing painting, cleaning, sorting, etc. and there is still lots to do. But I love a good project! Cami has so loved being able to have so many people to play with and give her attention. She has especially loved playing with cousins!
 Pillow fights with Grandma Redd. 
 My mom and I took a break from house work and spent Tuesday making these cute aprons! Thanks to the sweet lady in Mom's ward who showed her how to make them!
 This is a picture Cami took of Nicole! We were so happy to get to see them this summer since it will be a long time before we see them again...maybe not till next summer! Cami really enjoyed playing with Jackson and Katie. Friday JD got off work early and we headed to IF to play. 
 Four Wheeling with Grandpa Egbert! Katie didn't love it so much, but Cami does! She told Grandpa to go "faster!!"
 We made a little treasure hunt for the kiddos. Cami was difficult to keep on track, but Jackson loved it.
 Found the treasure box!
 Cami with her rock pet treasure and a clue.
 Katie's treasure!
 Saturday evening we went to Blackfoot and had a picnic and a bike ride. It was perfect weather and it was such a nice ride, except these cute smiles did not last and my little redhead was very ready to get out before the end of the ride. Poor JD was pulling the heavy trailer with two kids and had to put up with all the whining and fighting that unfortunately went on...
 This was their faces at the end of the ride...
 They would tell you the best part was playing in the reservoir, after the ride. 



 Cute Katie foot print!
 We got some chocolate frosties on the way home and then met up with Jenna who brought some party favors for the kiddos from a work party. Cami discovered squirt guns.

 Saturday Jenna cut and colored my hair! I love it! Yes there is red in there!
 Happy Father's Day! We were lucky enough to spend it with both families, hence I really over ate! Believe it or not, I have gained weight this summer...better watch it :)
 Back to Father's Day though, I am very grateful for some incredible fathers in my life. I am grateful for a wonderful dad who taught me about the gospel and so much more. I am grateful for his example, his faith, his hardwork, love, and support. I am grateful for my sweet JD and for the dad he is to Cami, He is a good man and "brings balance to the force" in our home. Cami loves to play with him and she tells me he is her best friend and she loves him. He is often patient with her when I am not and helps me to be reasonable when emotions are running high. I am grateful for my father-in-law and how he raised JD and the wonderful grandpa he is. There are many more, but I just want to say "thank you" and "I love you" to all these wonderful fathers!
 Jackson trying on Grandpa Shively's hat.
 Father's Day dinner at Joni's house. 
 Grandma with Alvin. He is such a cute happy baby!
Cami and Samuel playing! Samuel is such a mover, he is crawling everywhere and is lots of fun!

No comments: