Monday, July 14, 2014

Cami's Birthday!

My sweet Cami turned 4 last Friday! It was a busy fun day. Cami has been talking about her birthday for months! It is such a fun age when they start to anticipate things and Cami was so excited. She wanted so many friends to be there so we voted to have her party at the splash pad. The pictures are a little out of order but you will get the idea! This first one is going to dinner that night! She wanted to wear her princess dress that Nana gave her, and since it was her birthday we said yes. She wanted pizza, of course, so we went to Cici's.
Thursday morning we spent baking and decorating. Cami was in there the whole time with me so that was good that I was able to balance time with her and birthday prep. She did the sprinkles all by herself, so you can imagine the volume of sprinkles on the cupcakes...and all over my floor. :)
 I made marshmallow fondant for the first time by myself and I let Cami knead some while I rolled out the base and she helped me make all the balls around the bottom...which is why they were all different sizes, although I will admit to fixing several of her balls... She wanted a purple crown cake, and I am just happy it was something I could do!

 The one thing Cami for sure knew she wanted almost a month before her birthday was a purple squirt gun. We got a bunch of water squirters at the dollar tree and a big bucket and it was definitely a hit! Cami was even ok with the fact that her squirter wasn't totally purple and just had a purple handle.

 I love this picture of Cami getting hit... JD did a great job taking pictures while I played host.




 The smiling blond boy in this picture is Cami's best friend Emerson. She is always talking about how Emerson likes this or that or does this or that..and the feeling is mutual. I think it will be a sad day when we move for these two.
Singing to Cami...except the wind was blowing so the candle lighting thing didn't really work!
 Cami opening gifts! She got a bit spoiled! She now has way too many toys. 
Skyping with Nana and opening more presents!
 Our pretty princess...who unfortunately knows she is pretty. One time we were getting out of the car and she told me she should get the last of something and I asked her why and she said, "because I am the prettiest, mom" uh oh...any suggestions on how to keep your kid humble? Cami just hears all the time everywhere we go how pretty her red hair is or how cute she is and I am afraid it has gone to her head!

 Cami is pretty good at the surprised face, even when she is exhausted! She was super worn out by the end of the day!

My little fairy! 
I am so grateful for my sweet, silly, rambunctious little girl! She is so full of energy and enthusiasm for life, and reminds me to find joy in the little things. It is quite the challenge to keep up with her bright little mind and determined spirit. It is a sweet blessing to get to be her mom and have a chance to raise her!

3 comments:

Cason and Katie Jo Chambers said...

I really like your cake! I haven't yet braved fondant...

Sarah Smyth said...

Cami is so cute! Your pictures are great. She is growing up way too fast! Can't wait to see you soon. :)

Kathleen said...

Looks like Cami had a wonderful birthday! Liz, the cake you made her turned out so well, you'd never know it was your first time working with that fondant. I think it's precious Cami knows she's gorgeous. And I think it's okay, especially at this age, that she knows it. Life brings enough humbling experiences without seeking them out, so regarding her awareness of her beauty, I'd don't sweat it at all.