Monday, July 14, 2014

Other stuff we've been up to

I haven't posted in a while because life has been a little hectic! Since Father's Day our lives have been busy with working and studying. I had a few pictures that I put on instagram, but needed on the blog to journal our lives from this summer. So here we go!
Cami has loved cherries. I was so excited when they went on sale and we have been sporting the cherry face often since this picture!
JD is using Cami as weights. She is alot better at being a weight then Mom...
Our Forth of July was a little lame..for me at least. I worked the night before and the night of so I worked and slept. Cami and JD were able to go to a ward party with fireworks and games and a free dinner so not so bad for them :) My festivities extended to painting Cami's nails with blue polish and then red sparkles to celebrate!
Cami knows this is how you wear headbands...and she is so stubborn you are not going to convince her otherwise.
This is often how we find her when she sleeps..not sure how the floor is more comfortable then the bed, but I think it has to do with more room to play with toys? Notice the sweet block "dog" she made..at least that is what she informed me it was in the morning.
A little over a week ago I was release from being the Young Womens Second counselor. I have been in Young Womens for almost 2 years and it was bittersweet to be released. I love my girls and the relationships we have built. They are such amazing examples of virtue and service and faith. I have learned so much from serving and it has truly humbled me to be around such sweet young women. On the other hand it is pretty time consuming and with working full time and trying to support JD while he studies for the bar and take care of everything at home it was getting a bit overwhelming. I am truly grateful for the chance to serve and know I will have more opportunities in the future.  
More of my young women!
One of our major summer activities this year has been hanging out at the Y. Cami took swim lessons in May and the first part of June and became pretty comfortable with the pool. We have gone there to swim and exercise (mom and dad) at least 2-3 times a week...It has been good to get more regular exercise and also to have something active and cool for Cami to do in the summer. Cami is loving her a hotdog lunch after swimming at the Y.

JD has had a hard time getting all the studying done he needs to while watching Cami so I could sleep and work, so these next couple weeks leading up to the BAR that JD takes the end of this month I am taking a break from work and being mom. 

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Cute pictures! It sounds like you guys made a wise decision regarding arrangements for JD's Bar Exam preparation. We're praying his studying continues to go well and that he'll feel peace and confidence as he takes the exam. And, of course, that the exam will go extremely well!