It has been a good month. After soccer camp we had a couple pretty calm weeks. Here are a couple activities we have been up to.
A bunch of ward members got together at the beach on a Friday evening in the beginning of June and had a fire and just enjoyed the water and warm weather. We took our kayaks out and it was just a fun evening.
The next day we took our kayaks out to the light house paddling trails. It was quite the work out so that was good. Plus it was so beautiful. We didn't make it to the light house since we had friends coming for dinner and we didn't have enough time, but it sure was fun and pretty.
We have been to the aquarium a couple times. One time is was rainy so we didn't make it out side to the splash park, but got to see the dolphin show and the animals.
We like to play games together as a family in the evening before Cami goes to bed and Cami wanted to take a picture of me so here it is.
Cami beat us at Yahtzee. She is pretty lucky.

Second aquarium trip only involved the splash park. Perfect day for it since it was so hot!


Cami trying on my beach hat. I still haven't worn it to the beach for fear the wind will blow it away.

Story time in June featured Read a book man. It was very funny for the children and also very packed. Cami loves his goofy sense of humor. The kiddos also loved his parachute.

This past Saturday we had planned to check out a new beach, but life rarely goes as planned. JD helped someone move and then worked on a talk for the next day and by the time all that was done our day was to far gone for beach exploring. So we settled for feeding the ducks and turtles at Lakeview park in Corpus. There were so many birds there and it was pretty fun to see the turtles eat. It was a cute little park. Cami loved feeding the birds and turtles so it was a good activity.







This week Cami started swim lessons. She loves being in the water and meeting new friends. She is not afraid to put her face under the water and she is so excited ask the time. One of the things I absolutely love but also drives me crazy at times is how expressive and dynamic her emotions are. She is so happy and energetic most of the time and brings so much joy to our home and those around her. She loves to tease and joke around and sometimes that is difficult for me since I am someone who dislikes teasing. Guess I just have to grow a better sense of humor ;) She is such a ray of sunshine and I am so grateful for her and the purpose she puts into my life.

That pretty much sums up our month. JD is busy working and busy with high council stuff but we have found time to go on a couple dates and squeeze in family time when we can. I just got called to be the primary chorister and I am excited but nervous since I haven't really ever been in primary. It will be a new experience, but one I am happy to accept.
No comments:
Post a Comment