Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Soccer Camp and other stuff

Last week Cami had British Soccer Camp. She really enjoyed it and learned some new skills and improved at dribbling and ball handling. She made some new friends and so did I. Cami had some favorite games that I tried to make notes of , just in case I get roped into coaching soccer again someday. :) 
Besides that everyday last week, Cami had a birthday party, and I had Bunco night on Thursday night. JD and I went on a date Friday, which we have been getting better at, I just need to train JD to plan ahead so that we are not trying to find a babysitter last minute. Cami and I swam at the complex pool twice and are fans except for when it is very full. Saturday was the youth temple trip so I was gone all day for that. JD and Cami got to hang out and have a relaxing day together. 
I think that sums up what we have been up to. It is getting hot and I am learning what it will mean to spend a whole summer in this heat. We will figure it out and I think it will involve lots of water. I am grateful to have so many options for water activities. Waco had so few, so this is a nice change.

Cami was the only girl on the team, but that didn't faze her in the least...in fact I think she liked it that way. She gets along really well with boys.
Cami getting her certificate! I was impressed with how the coach wrote personal notes on what they did well and how to improve. Very nice.
Soccer Camp team!
Cami with coach Shannon. I loved their accents and sometimes different words.
The Saturday before soccer camp started Cami told us she wanted to get her ears pierced like her friend Shelby. We talked about how it would hurt a little and she reminded us of how she only whimpered during her shots last time and how she was going to be good. She wanted to wear cute earrings. So we went to the mall and did it. She did shed a few tears and was a little surprised, but overall she did pretty well. She picked out lots of cute earrings and was a little disappointed when she found out she had to wear the set they put in for 4-6 weeks. She has been good about cleaning and will even do it herself with a little help. She picked the June birthstone because it was purple, and that is her current favorite color. The above picture is the after picture. Tears disappeared pretty quick after the sucker :)
Summer story time is a little crowded, but really fun with "read a book man"
More soccer camp pictures. This is Donkey Tag, Cami liked this one. She cracked me up, she always wanted to play the part the coach played, whether it was the sleeping tiger or alien or taking people's "tails". 
Last week for mutual we went ice-blocking. It was fun, but the ice blocks I found were too narrow, guess we will have to make our own next time! We still had fun though. I love being in Young Womens and being around these awesome youth! They teach me so much and have such strong testimonies of the gospel.
This picture actually belongs in another post, but here it is. While Joni was in town we went to the mall on a rainy day and this is the parking lot when we came out to leave. That is me wading in. It might be difficult to see but the water literally came up to my knees. a could of centimeters more and water would have been inside my car door when I opened it. I was grateful I was driving the Rav4 since if I had been driving our Corolla water would have been halfway up the door!
This is out of order but it is the before picture of ear piercing. JD made a video, but I am not sure I should put it on here since she does cry a bit and it makes me feel bad, but she did ask for it. Any way I have another cute video of her singing along with Doc McStuffings so we will put that on instead.


We are enjoying life and happy to be here.

1 comment:

Jacalyn said...

Always love reading your blog. I sure do love you peeps.