
The day after the election I was trying to put my thoughts together about how I felt. Obama had been elected president. Liberals and the liberal media had got their dream. Anyone who knows me knows that I hate losing and hate being wrong even worse. This was a combination of both. As I was letting hate well up inside of me,words of wisdom came to my mind:
Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space lies our freedom and power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom. - Victor Frankl
As I have contemplated those words I have realized I was letting my pride get in the way of something much larger, something much more important; the good of this country. I was letting my distaste of a certain political philosophy blind me to what I should be thinking. As Americans we all have the choice of how to react to this election. Anyone spending time reading our blog probably didn't get the outcome they would have liked in this election. We can choose to be upset and hope Obama fails miserably so we can get another conservative president in four years, or we can sincerely hope and pray for his success.
As I have now had time to let the "stimulus" works its way through my mind I know now what must be done. I will support my future president and pray that he will be successful. I hope everyone will join me in hoping for the future of this country. May God bless America, this land that I love!
Also, in one last note, if you didn't get a chance to hear McCain's concession speech or Obama's victory speech please watch them. It will give you a sense of pride in this country that we need going forward. Lets hope that Obama can be the president he claims he will be and not the liberal U.S. senator he has been.
Obama part 1
No comments:
Post a Comment