Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sewing and such

I had started a long list of projects to help me have useful things to do on my days off. For those of you who don't, I work as a nurse and work 12 hours shifts 3 days a week. Which means that I work really hard for half the week and the other half I spend recovering and trying to do something useful. I am grateful for the time to learn things and am looking for classes and such, but for now still have some projects to finish up. :) I am slowly making my way through scrapbooking and learning to sew. I am not that good or that patient which stems from the fact that I didn't have any formal training and have some difficulty reading patterns :) So here is an attempt, mostly because I got the fabric super cheap so I thought I would give it a try.
I did wear it to church, but I still have some adjustments and if anyone has any pointers on zippers mine looks ok except when I put it on it is really wavy, Any ideas how to fix that?
Another small project that is very relaxing, making clay things that I glue to magnets for my fridge. I wish you could see the stuff that my sister Sarah can make. She is amazing!
Well JD is busy with school and work, we love our new home and ward. I really couldn't ask for more, I have such a sweet fun husband, who carries me to bed when I fall asleep, puts up with my definately less than gourmet cooking and whining. I am so grateful for my husband who thinks of things I don't and helps me to see how lucky I am everyday. He is such a motivator for our family scripture study and prayer and works hard in school so that he can support our family someday. He makes me laugh everyday and helps me know that there is so much life out there to grab hold of. One of the things I love most about JD is how he communicates with me. JD is really good about talking through things, especially when there are things that bother me he wants to hear what I have to say and won't let me quit until I have told him everything. He has been so patient with me and I am grateful everyday that the Lord led us together.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

I LOVE that dress! Great job Liz! And what a great tribute to JD. You two are a great match.

schwang-schwanthony! said...

Liz it looks great, your becoming a great seamstress :) You look cute in it too.. way to talk jd up lol I know what you mean lol i put a whole tribute to anthony on my blog a day or so ago lol.. we got lucky ! !
Loves!

sam and kyrsten said...

liz i found your blog through melissa's. that dress is awesome! you are very talented-especially for no formal training! that was a great post! a good reminder to be thankful for our husbands! thanks! i hope you dont mind me looking at your blog!

NB said...

Liz your dress looks so cute! You have been so good at keeping busy. And I definitely love those things about JD too!

sam and kyrsten said...

yes i am in school! how about you? are you close to being finished? your house looks like so much fun! glad things are going well!

Joni and Chase said...

Looks great Liz! You are becoming quite the crafty lady! It was good to talk to you the other day. I hope work went okay.

Joni and Chase said...

The Cake decorating class is four weeks long. The water at the Indiana Sand Dunes Beach was somewhat cold...but it was okay after a bit!