Friday, October 7, 2011

In the which I start work and get very busy...

It has been a busy week at our home, I started working on the unit on Saturday and Sunday, so I missed conference, but have been catching up on it this week, when I can find the time. I love being able to work with the tiny babies again. They have such sweet innocent spirits and I just love being able to help them. It is stressful to feel like I know nothing again, and a little intimidating to see how differently they do things. I can't imagine how overwhelmed I would be if I ended up in a different unit entirely. It will take a bit to get used to how they do things, but I am liking the people I work with already, they are helpful and open and kind, so I really couldn't ask for more. 
I will just give you some highlights of our week we went to the zoo, museum, park, and library, plus played with lots of friends. Cami probably believes that she needs to go somewhere everyday, and frequently when she is bored, goes up to the front door and starts knocking and wanting to go somewhere. I feel bad, but pretty much most of her naps start on the way home from somewhere and she falls asleep in the car. I did my first night shift without a babysitter, and it was very hard. I am not sure if my brilliant plan is going to work out. Since I don't get home till 7:30 Cami is already awake for the day so I don't get any sleep till her nap, which is erratic at best for length and time. On Thursday she slept for only a little over an hour, which was not ok since I had had no sleep for 2 days minus the 2 hour nap I got in on Wednesday before work. Well I guess we will just have to see how the next night shift goes and if not we will have to see what we can do. I feel badly, because I am not the only one who suffers, Cami gets the short end of the stick on that one too.
Today we went to the park with some ladies from the ward and here was the photo shoot I did before most of them got there.





I love this one because you can see the cute curls she has in the back, now just for some more hair on the top! She is really such a happy sweet baby. She started saying yes and can now climb on our piano, side table, fireplace, and couch! She is starting to be a little monkey and has no fear whatsoever. It scares me a lot but I knew she would learn sooner or later. Another piece of good news is that I was able to get her to take a sippy cup with juice, now just to get her to take it with milk so I can get rid of the bottles which she is learning to empty by banging on the floor and getting milk everywhere!

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Those are darling pictures of your sweet Cami! It's good to hear she's started to take to the sippy cup. I'm so sorry about the sleep deprivation you're suffering and hope you are able to find a viable solution soon. Those little babies in the NICU are lucky to have you as one of their caretakers.

NB said...

Hi Cami! When you don't have a backyard you pretty much have to get out every day. Get some sunshine! So I think Katie is looking a lot like Cami!

Cason and Katie Jo Chambers said...

Yes it can be difficult to balance work and babies... I know :) Good luck, I hope soon it will get better and that you can get some more sleep!! She is growing up!! She is adorable!

Sherry Ellsworth said...

i hope you don't mind. i stole a few of the pics you took at the temple trip.
-sherry