Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Blue Bonnets

Apparently taking pictures in a field of Blue Bonnets is traditional here in Texas. I love these pretty wildflowers that bloom everywhere. So Sunday after conference we drove to one of the random fields of blue bonnets and took some pictures. As you can see I had a little fun editing, hope you enjoy!









 I sure loved General Conference. I really appreciated all the talks on parenting, since Cami is really getting to the stage where she is starting to understand so much more and the things that I say matter even more. I am really working on what I call mindful parenting, which is giving them choices to encourage them using their agency, rather than just telling them what to do. Cami does not do well with being told what to do, as I am sure most kids are. She reacts very strongly, but usually does better when I give her options, it does require that I think it through so that I do not give an option I am not willing to follow through with. I must say I have reflected often on how my parents taught me things and wish I had taken some notes :) I have been blessed with wonderful parents. I am so grateful for the things they taught me, and I hope that I can in someway be like them. Sister Esplin's talk Saturday morning gave me comfort when she said we teach line upon line, which is good since I am learning how to parent line upon line. 
Just to keep you updated about us, I am still working a couple nights a week at the NICU and I love it. I continue to learn things and love the people that I work with. I am blessed to have a job that is flexible and something I love doing. JD has 4 more weeks left of this quarter and is working hard. We will be headed to Idaho in June for an internship so we will be escaping the worst heat of the summer, for which I am grateful! Cami is busy busy and loves milk, Elmo, her blanky, and laughing. She wants to read books all the time and I don't mind since it means I get to snuggle my busy girl. Recently she discovered jumping/bouncing and jumps all over her bed and mom and dad's bed (while saying boingy boingy boingy). She is talking so much now and repeating a lot of what I say. Whenever she gets hurt or bonks herself she says "sorry baby" since that is what I would always say. She loves music and has started singing, and especially loves the ABC song. The other night at dinner she was coughing and said "bless you". JD and I just get such a kick out of all of the funny things she says and does. 

5 comments:

Cason and Katie Jo Chambers said...

Love the pictures! What pretty flowers-great backdrop!

Jamie and Ryan said...

Cute pictures! Where in Idaho will the internship be?

Brent and Shanna Farley said...

Cute pictures!! :) Love it! How exciting that JD is almost done with his first year! :) Eli has saw a little kid with red hair the other day and asked for Cami. It was cute! :)

Brent and Shanna Farley said...

Cute pictures!! :) Love it! How exciting that JD is almost done with his first year! :) Eli has saw a little kid with red hair the other day and asked for Cami. It was cute! :)

NB said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these pictures!!