We had a wonderful Easter. I didn't successfully complete any of my craft ideas because I was busy with work and life and the one I did try failed miserably, so maybe next year. The most important parts of Easter we got covered though so I hope you enjoy.
At church today we had some amazing talks and music. I loved the song the primary children sang, here is a link to listen to it. I am so grateful for a knowledge of my Savior and the Atonement and Resurrection. I do know that He lives and that because He does so can we. I was raised from a young age with that knowledge and comfort, especially because I have an older sister who died at one year old. My parents always taught us that we would see her again because of the Resurrection and because they had been married and sealed in the temple. I am so grateful to know there is life after this and that we can live and be with our loved ones again.
Here is the Easter Egg hunt at our house, they had one at the ward party, but I didn't get any pictures unfortunately, although she really liked it and had lots of fun, I had to remove several of her eggs since she was so fast and was getting too many!
Egg dying! A friend of mine introduced me to an egg dye kit with liquid dye/paint that you put in a bag with the egg and roll it around and then you are done! It was perfect for Cami's short attention span since she still managed to throw/crack at least half our eggs.
Here is the finished product...I rather like them.
The ward Easter party, and an awesome accordion player with a chicken on his head!
Cami at the party, I didn't take a lot of pictures at the party, but it was a lot of fun and perfect weather!
Nana got Cami a beautiful Easter dress so we had to do a little photo shoot. She is learning that "cheese" means to smile!
Cami got George for Easter and she loves him!
cheesing again!
Cami loves to wear JD's hat, She has such amazing fashion sense don't you think?
I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. It was a wonderful opportunity to reflect on the Savior. One of our family traditions is to read the Easter story with plastic eggs that have the references with little objects representing the scripture. For example the scripture with Christ being crucified is in an egg with a small wooden cross, and the scripture about the burial had a strip of linen and the scripture about the Resurrection morning is an empty egg and so forth. I think there are 17 eggs and we have done it every year so far. I grew up with my parents doing that and I loved how that was the main focus of our Easter celebrations.

No comments:
Post a Comment