Monday, April 29, 2013

Mommy Preschool

This past week we have been doing mommy preschool to keep us busy and give us more directed activities. We pick a number and letter for the day and then I print off coloring sheets for the letter and do quick google/pinterest searches to find activities. We have had some fun times. Work has been busy but good and I have been able to get my hours. JD took a final Saturday and one today and has 3 more to go. He was pretty stressed on Saturday since he talked in Sacrament Meeting on Sunday and then taught Sunday School and had to study for his final today all after taking a final on Saturday too. We will all be very happy when this week is over! And it will also mean that JD will have 2 years of law school down! Yay! 
Some Cami-isms of late 
"Mommy, what are you doing?" (a very frequent question at our place)
"Its on the top of the bottom" (when I ask what she is building with her blocks)
"I want 5 more minutes!"(when I tell her to turn off her light and go to bed)
"Your a big grill and I am a little grill"
 This is cornstarch "goop" we made for the letter "G"
 Saturday I decided to pretend I could sew again and made a backpack for Cami. We went "camping" in her room and packed her backpack with food stuff and went fishing and cooked our fish and set up her princess tent (Cami said " look I can sleep like this")
 Today was the letter "B". We put bubble solution and food coloring in bowls and blew bubbles then put paper over the top to make art. It was fun until Cami accidently sucked up some of the bubble stuff in her mouth...yuck.surprisingly we didn't happen upon that till much later than I was anticipating. 
This past week for mutual in Young Women's we made gratitude jars and I spent some time looking at President Monson's talk on an Attitude of Gratitude. It reminded me of how very much I have to be grateful for. I am one very blessed lady. The Lord truly is good to us and our family. So often we get caught up in the "I want more" syndrome and forget how very much we have.
Sunday I taught about the First Vision and Joseph Smith in Young Women's and I am grateful for how it strengthened my testimony. I am grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and I am grateful for the Restoration of the the gospel in its fullness. What incredible blessings we enjoy through the priesthood, organization, temple ordinances, the Book of Mormon and so much more!

No comments: