Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What we've been up to...

I thought I would just let you all in on what we have been up to back in Provo! We have been very busy, so here is just a few snapshots! JD and I were able to attend the Oquirrh Temple open house. It reminded me alot of the Rexburg Temple. Very beautiful! I love going to the temple! If you want to go the open house they have reservations online and then you could come visit us!
I guess I did this backwards but I hope you will forgive me- JD and I were up late last night. JD decided that we should go to the midnight showing of Harry Potter 6 and I should add I was excited to go! It was really good- JD will have more to say I am sure so tune in later:) Here we are waiting in line at 1130!

Here is the line- we were slackers and didn't come till 11, if you notice this is the back of the building, if wound all the way around the back and out in the parking lot! It took 20 minutes to get inside!

For those of you who are unaware, JD and I bought a condo and decided to paint it!

This was a model JD made of the paint colors, needless to say we decided to change the green... Good thing they have sample paints!

I decided to get a little crafty too. I made this for our front door.

I decided to make people feel like we want visitors! We sure do!

This was a project I started months ago! Not an announcement, just baby quilts are small and easy for beginners. I had to take a far off shot, so you could see all the cute animals, I cheated and bought the panel then just quilted around the animals and edges, then I bought bias tape for the binding, I found a really neat video on youtube from my mother-in-law about using elmers glue to help stabilize the binding when you sew- it helped a ton! Here it is if you are interested!

http://quiltinggallery.com/2008/05/15/binding-with-elmers-school-glue

JD and I went mountain biking, this is by Bridal Veil Falls after we finished biking on the trail that branches off this paved trail. That trail was a little crazy for a beginner mountain biker like me, but JD was very patient with me :)

Me by the falls

The trail folllowed the side of the mountain by the road where the shores of Bonneville Lake used to reach. Very pretty!


Pretty mountains in the background! So that is the long and short of what we have been up to, lots of trips to Lowes and packing and cleaning and working like crazy! JD is super busy with summer school and work and getting things figured out for buying, but we are official owners as of today! We signed papers yesterday and we are thrilled! Yay!!!!

3 comments:

Scott and Wendy said...

Congrats you two, we are happy for you. Just waiting for the grand tour now!!!

Allison said...

congrats on the condo! The blanket is so cute! How was the movie? we are hoping to make it in the next week or so! So excited!

Jamie and Ryan said...

Liz I found you!! I had no idea you had a blog! Where is your condo??