Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ice Castles

Watch out I put a lot of pictures on this post. On Presidents Day, JD and I both had the day off. So to celebrate we went to Midway to see the Ice Castles! It was a lot of fun and they are very neat. It was fun to experiment with our new camera... hopefully our picture quality will improve but I am already seeing better results with this new camera, it is so fun, I have lots to learn so any tips are nice... :) It has definitely increased the quantity of our pictures :) I hope you enjoy these... it was fun!



As a note, these ice castles don't have any supporting structures underneath! Cool huh!

They had fun tunnels in some of them... believe me I have more pictures, I think we took roughly 100 pictures... I just didn't think it would be good to put them all on here!

Cami started to get a little cold...her poor red nose!
Another funny story... we fed Cami right before we left and then she fell asleep in the car...winding canyon road and a full tummy do not agree, as we drove into Midway she threw up...plums no less, so lots of purple all over herself...and the car seat.Thank heaven we hadn't put her in her bunting yet and that we had an extra onsie in the diaper bag! Things I didn't think of. She was happy enough though after we got her cleaned up!




6 comments:

Sarah and Trent said...

Oh my gosh that looks so cool! I totally want to go there! And you took some beautiful photos :)

Kathleen said...

What a beautiful place to visit! I'm glad you both had the day off to enjoy this.

Joni and Chase said...

Those are amazing!! Where is Midway? Do you know how they form that way? Sooo pretty! SO you got your camera huh?! What did you end up getting? We should chat again soon!

Cason and Katie Jo Chambers said...

Yeah, those are definitely way cool looking. How fun!

So glad you shared that stuffed french toast recipe, it did look SUPER yummy!!

NB said...

what a little cutie pie- cami is almost as big as Liz now :")!

Jacalyn said...

The pictures were way cool. I'd love to go there. I loved all the pics of Cami on your blog. Can't wait to hold her!
mom