Monday, August 22, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude

Cami is starting to love stories. I say "go get a story and mom will read it to you," and she heads to the shelf and gets a book! Usually one of three that are her current favorites which are the "Jolly Barnyard" (Thanks Hickenloopers!) and Bears on Wheels, or Sung House Bug House. Those are the only ones she sits all the way through. She likes all books just wont necessarily sit through the book unless you are super animated and throw lots of noises into the story.
 Texans around here have been very welcoming and we have had dinner a few times with new friends and ward members. It is nice when you are new to get invites to dinner so you can have time to figure stuff out. I am so grateful for all the friendship and help we have received already. Such sweet tender mercies and I am so grateful! I will definitely need friends to help Cami and I through the loneliness I am sure we are going to experience with JD in law school. Even for the first day he had hours and hours of reading to prepare. 
 This is a fun quick recipe I found on Taste of Home website. It is called an ABC Melt
Ingredients: English Muffin sliced toasted
 mustard
 Canadian bacon
 Swiss cheese
 apples thinly sliced
 Put mustard then layer Canadian Bacon apple slices then Swiss Cheese, bake at 350 for 3-5 minutes till cheese is melted and you are done. It is a tangy fun little recipe.
I was trying to make dinner last night and Cami was demanding attention by pulling on my dress, in the process of which she pulled off my slip and decided to wear it and play with it. so there she is.
I just wanted to put a quick note in here about how I am learning that gratitude makes it easier to deal with all that we face. When I offer prayers of gratitude I am able to see more abundantly how much the Lord truly does love and bless our little family. I feel so grateful to be where we are because I know this is where we are supposed to be. I know the next three years will be difficult, but I know the Lord will help us every step of the way. So I take it one day at a time and treasure the sweet tender mercies I see every day.

No comments: