We Made It! Yep we are currently enjoying the lovely heat of Texas! It has been a crazy last week and I am so grateful for the Sabbath today to relax and just enjoy our new home. We are liking it here already, but I am looking forward to a bit cooler temperatures in the winter months. It was 111 degrees the day we moved in and our AC wasn't working so it was super hot! I am so grateful it got fixed and now I have a very deep appreciation for the genius that invented air conditioning!
Cami is adjusting to the heat and a new home. It has been a little difficult and we have had some grumpy clingy moments along with some fit throwing that lead to throwing up because she didn't want to go to bed. But we are starting to see more of our happy curious sweet baby again so things are going better.
Before we left we were able to spend some time with my family. We met at the Hogle Zoo and spent the afternoon enjoying all the animals! It is a fun zoo, especially the elephants.
I am sure Cami will enjoy the zoo more when she is older, but she still had lots of fun.
Packing up. Packing is so messy and I am usually such a clean freak so I was a little irritable during all the process of packing and unpacking till I could see some order. We were so lucky that Scott and Wendy came to help us have a break in which JD and Scott went golfing while we shopped and then we went swimming and just hung out and had fun! Last Saturday JD's parents came and helped us! Thank goodness, they were so much help. We were able to get our truck early and move out some of these boxes so that we could move around on Sunday.
Saying Goodbye... is hard to do. These were our buddies the Philbricks
We will sure miss being able to see family as easily as it has been these past 3 years.
Goodbye our cute home!
We drove 7 hours the first day and stopped at 4 corners to stretch. Cami did better than I expected, but it was still a little difficult. She didn't sleep well in her car seat and threw up all over the second day, in which we drove 10 hours. The last day we drove 5 hours and moved in in the heat. We are so grateful that JD's mom and my dad came with us. They were lifesavers to help with the drive and Cami. We would never have made it with our sanity without them.
She is happy here because she is up way past her bedtime.
Entering Texas, our new home.
Unpacking Cami's room, you better believe that setting up the crib is a priority.
More goodbyes... we sure love and appreciate you guys!
So here we are decorating. Things are starting to come together and we have another week to get settled before JD starts school!
3 comments:
I hate moving. I am SO GLAD it's you and not me! :) Yuck-and that heat? It will be nice in the winter though, not so bone-chilling as Idaho! Good Luck in Texas!
That is so exciting!! Don't worry - believe it or not you will get used to the heat! Just make sure you find a delicious smoothie place ASAP - you should totally see if they have any Bahama Buck's nearby to you. We LOVE them and they are a lifesaver in the AZ Heat! Good luck with everything!!!
I love your new blog background and look! Wow sounds like it has been a crazy past few weeks. I sure hope it goes well getting unpacked and settled and I am sure Cami will get used to it all pretty soon! We love you guys and should probably meet in the middle sometime!
Post a Comment