We Made It! Through the first week of school that is. It was a crazy week for me to be alone with Cami all day, which hasn't really happened since April and she is quite a bit more active than she was then. I have had to get used to the routine and I am starting to figure out how to accomplish everything when she is awake and I can't pass her off to JD. It is good for me I am sure :) I have managed to finish and then start on a few projects so stayed tuned for more in later weeks. Cami transitioned to one nap, which I will admit is a bit of a hard thing for me... what parent isn't glad when their child takes a nap.
Here is project one before I started... I wanted a piano stool for cheap and this is what I found.
This project I have been wanting to do forever and took like 5 minutes... I wanted to make a grocery bag holder. I just used a cotton hand towel I found for cheap so I didn't have to do any hemming.
Here is the finished piano stool... I might spray paint the metal bronze sometime if I get ambitious.
Cami discovered that rolling her weeble people around in the bottom of the bookshelf makes a lot of noise, so she loves it!
To celebrate JD's first week we went to the Mayborn Museum. It is an awesome place for kids! I got a membership so that Cami and I can go often, it is a discovery center with lots of hands on stuff for kids and is free for Baylor students so JD was free and Cami is free till December. So here are some fun pictures from the museum.
Cami loved the big piano!
Lately Cami has been snuggling a lot with us and saying "oh". It is so cute! I love it! She misses her daddy since he is gone so much so she loves to run over to JD and give him snuggles.
couple fun videos from the museum.
I am glad we made it through the first week. I was able to get an interview and I am pretty sure I got the job, just not sure when they will get me started, so things are getting together. I am reading the Old Testament and was reading Gen 46 where Jacob and his family are traveling to join Joseph in Egypt. He was worried about going to Egypt and the Lord comes to him in a dream and tells him not to be afraid to go. As I read it I was thinking...wait, don't they get forced to be slaves for the Egyptians later? I realized that even when we are where we should be it does not guarantee that we won't suffer hard things. In fact the longer I think about it I recognize that being alive is a guarantee that hard things will happen. They are meant to, how else are we to learn. The point then is that we must learn to do as it says at the top of the blog, and learn to dance in the rain.
2 comments:
Adorable percussionist! Cami is so cute! She seems to have the energy all adults wished they had. I'm glad you found a great place to take her and that, because you have your own membership, the museum will be virtually free over the next few months. Thank you so much for sharing your insights about being in the right place and still having difficult tests to endure. I had never considered that, especially in reference to the prelude to Jacob's journey TO Egypt. I love the title of your blog, also.
1)I think the stool looks nice in silver :)
2) The museum looks fun
3) I loved your thoughts about Genesis.
4) Liz, I think you are one of the most positive grateful people I know, so you are well on your way!
5)We love you guys and miss you, so glad you are a part of our lives to motivate and uplift us.
Post a Comment