Monday, October 1, 2012

Growing Pains

Yep, it has been a little while, but I will once again make the excuse that we have been very busy around here. I picked up an extra shift this last week and education stuff has kept me making lots of trips to and from work, plus I have been busy with Young Women stuff and of course Cami!
Cami started a preschool class which has been lots of fun, but we have missed a lot already due to colds and other scheduling conflicts. It is good for Cami to be with other kids and learn things and have some structure. We take turns teaching and being helpers and teach things like letters and colors and numbers and shapes. One of the moms is teaching Spanish so Cami learned that "rojo means red".  We were couped up inside this weekend because of torrential downpours and I was catching up on some sleep, and JD wasn't feeling well. I was able to go to the Relief Society Broadcast, and was so grateful for the Spirit I felt there. That along with Sunday has helped recharge my "spiritual batteries". I really needed to hear those messages about the Atonement and about service and heeding promptings.
Here a a couple pictures, although I really haven't taken very many pictures these last couple weeks.
 At the zoo
 I made Cami a pocket from a pair of worn out jeans and we went on a "treasure hunt" outside to find things to put in it...ie rocks, flowers, acorns.
 I decided Cami needed to paint with real paints not just finger paints so I pulled out a wood circle from a bag of wood scraps I had and let her have fun. I need to make her a craft apron so we doesn't ruin my cute one though ;)

Today we went to the zoo with some friends here is Cami and Eli playing and below that a fun video of the playful tiger cubs.

Last Saturday we were able to go to the temple with some friends and switched off babysitting. It was a good session and the kiddos did pretty well and I was very grateful we got to go. I always feel such peace in the temple and feel so close to my sweet husband. One of Cami's favorite songs is the "temple" song or "I love to see the temple" and she always asks for that song and "I am a Child of God" before bed and naptime.  That Saturday night was the ward talent show, which is always fun and we had some good participation and attendance. I let JD talk me into singing and playing, but the microphone system wasn't working so half of the audience couldn't hear anyway. 
I think that is pretty much our last two weeks in a nut shell, JD has had a slower quarter than last year, but has still been working hard and been sweet to help out at home. We have discovered a couple new fun games on our ipad and love to just relax and have some fun in the evenings when I am not working.

No comments: