OR
Ok, so last Thursday Liz and I decided to go out on a date. We went to Cafe Rio for the first time and it was delicious. After our bellies were nice and plump we decided we wanted to go see a movie. Wall E had just come out and Pixar had always delivered so we decided to go to that one. I had been a little weary of Wall E because the previews had been so ambiguous about what the movie was actually about. I mean, the only two characters that the previews showed couldn't even talk so I was wondering what would happen. So after watching the movie all I have to say is WOW Pixar. You took a cute little movie that was pretty funny and filled it full of environmental propaganda! Now some people will say that propaganda is a strong word, but if you can think of a better word for sticking a bunch of junk in a movie that doesn't need to be there to make a point I'll gladly use that instead. Now if you can watch a movie like "Happy Feet" and enjoy it despite the blatant messages then you will love Wall-E. Its a very cute movie about a robot who wants to feel loved. If you pay attention to movies and the messages it is trying to get across then you will walk away with a different message then the one you thought you were going to get. Instead of learning about a little robot and his desire for a companion you will now know that corporations will eventually cause the downfall of the entire planet. They might as well have called the corporation Wal-Mart instead of "Buy N' Large." I won't go into others because it would ruin the movie, but there are more. Ok, now that I got that out I feel much better. My advice to anyone that wants to go see Wall-E is to determine how much the underlying messages in movies affect you. If they don't bother you one bit you will absolutely love this movie. It is very cute and enchanting. If you don't like when Hollywood unnecessarily throws in their liberalism into films, then you might get distracted. So decide for yourself if you would like this movie or not. As for me, the most enjoyable part of the experience was the short before hand. It was called Presto and it was the funniest Pixar short to date. It was hilarious!
No comments:
Post a Comment