Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Work...mostly

Disclaimer: I warned everyone in our first post that we would be writing about small unimportant things, and here is the first one. You may want to divert your eyes now!

So for those who don't know, I got a job at the BYU bookstore about a week ago. I work up in the textbook department at the textbook information desk and I really like it so far. I work full time during the summer and during the school year I'll be working 2:00 to 5:30 monday through friday. The book store employs about 550 people doing all sorts of different things. But there is one thing that I have found connects all those employees. The daily New York Times crossword puzzle. The Daily Universe, which is BYU's paper has the daily New York Times crossword puzzle in it and every single employee at the book store works on it throughout the day. Now I haven't done a crossword puzzle since second grade so I wasn't holding my breathe thinking I could do one. But on monday I tried my hand at it and finished! Woohoo! So here I was thinking I was a crazy crossword guru, then I got humbled on Tuesday. I think I got about 3 words. Ouch! Then someone explained that the NYT crosswords get harder from Monday to Friday. So for the rest of the week I think I'll just avoid the crossword until Monday when I will actually be able to do it again! If anyone else works on these stupid things and wants to give me a hand you can call or text me with all the answers. Thanks! Oh, and to leave on a good note I'll show you the actual picture taken of me on Tuesday when I could only firgure out 3 words:
Happy Crosswording to everyone!





No comments: