
Ok, so I'm back for round two of the Sunday Sermon. Today Liz and I taught gospel doctrine together; in our ward they generally have the couples team teach. Neither
of us have ever taught that class before so it definitely was a new experience for the both of us. We really enjoyed getting the lesson ready together. The lesson was on Alma 17-22 which is the story of the missionary work of the sons of Mosiah. We both learned a lot doing this lesson but I just wanted to share one little thing I felt like the spirit taught me as we were getting the lesson ready. In both the story of Ammon teaching King Lamoni and in the story of Aaron teaching King Lamoni's father there were instances when people became overcome with the spirit and went unconscious. I was really wondering what spiritual lesson we could learn from this. Then the spirit taught me that it was a way for the Lord to take these people out the world so they could have an amazing experience learning the gospel. In the story every time someone passed out, when they woke up they shared their testimony of the gospel. I think we can have this same sort of experience when we attend the temple or go to church. We can take ourselves out of the world and focus on the things of the Lord. If we go to the temple or to church prepared to be taught by the spirit we will come forth with a revitalized desire to live and share the gospel. The Lord loves us and has prepared these wonderful things for us, all we need to do is take full advantage of them.
1 comment:
Hey you two! GOod thing you joined the ranks of the blogger folks! Well Liz I think you do have my email address but just for your info its pheoniredd@gmail.com so now that you have it you better email me so I can make sure I have yours! Love you two! Joni
Post a Comment