Saturday, September 24, 2011

Oriented Times Three

The title is a joke for all you nurses :) This week was busy because I started orientation for my new job. I will be working in the NICU! I am so glad because I was super worried to work any where else. If you know what you like, why change it? Other than necessity of course.
Other Highlights of the week:
1. Cami went to babysitters everyday this week and was pretty good, other than not really taking naps...
2. BYU won their game last night...not going to lie, I fell asleep and missed all of the good parts...namely the 4th quarter.
3. JD was a super sweetheart this week and started out my week of orientation with some lovely flowers and some chocolate!!! YAY! 
4. Lucky for me I got out of orientation early some of the days which was nice. They had told us to plan for 8-5 Tuesday through Friday!
5. I got to feel like I was back in school for parts of orientation since I have not done several of the "adult" related skills since nursing school.
6. Cami is "talking" like crazy this week and learned a new word.. Daddy! She is also starting to repeat or mimic the words I am saying. It is so fun!
So pretty much my week revolved around orientation and so I was busy and I stress unnecessarily about everything so I was a tad overwhelmed. I am glad every week is not like this week. I am excited to have just one more day of hospital orientation then I get to start on my unit next Saturday! I am excited to get to work with babies again!
 Thanks again sweetheart! You made my week!
Cami on Friday, she doesn't seem like she missed me very much and loved playing so much with her new friends!