Monday, September 19, 2011

Temple Trips and Play time

This past week was a little busy and this week will be too. Highlights of the past week are...
1. Going to the zoo and seeing a tiger growl... no I didn't get a picture.
2. Watching BYU lose miserably to Utah, but enjoying being with some law school buddies and made some fun "Y" sugar cookies
3. Going to the temple!!!!!! It was wonderful!
4. Going to storytime at the library and trying to keep other children from trampling Cami
5. Cami learning how to say "no" and saying it multiple times!!
6. Trying to get Cami to take a sippy cup, and it is not working.. Any ideas would be helpful!
7. Watching my garden die... too hot, the only thing that is surviving is the squash. I think I might try replanting this week.
8. Finishing Cami's quiet book, and discovering that she is not old enough for it yet
9. Introduced Cami to crayons, which she really just eats rather than colors with
10. Yesterday enjoyed a well deserved relaxed Sabbath in which Cami took 2 naps and we got a 1 1/2 hour nap as well!
The best toys really aren't toys ... including cardboard boxes.

Pages from Cami's quiet book

This was the BYU game the week before against Texas, which we also watched with some friends. JD is happy since we don't have cable and he was so worried about finding a way to watch the game.

Lately as soon as she gets bored with eating she rubs whatever it is all over her hair, we now have daily baths as a result.

Oh how she mocks us! That thing she is playing with is a edge guard that belongs on the fireplace. We put it there to protect her and she thinks it is funny to rip it off, virtually any time she notices it is back in its rightful place.

The last few pages of Cami's book.

Here is the outside cover of her quiet book.

Cami loves to smile for the camera. I was taking a picture of the sugar cookies and she gave me this big grin when I came in the room with the camera so I had to snap a picture. Previous to this picture I was frosting the sugar cookies and choosing to ignore her digging around in the cans in the cupboard when she pulled out a can of pears and brought it to the middle of the floor and stood over it clapping and giving her little laugh/whine that means I want this! It was so funny!

The "Y" cookies!


At the zoo.


On the way to the Temple!

Playing outside the temple. We went with some friends and switched babysitting while the other group went in to a session.

Yes she got filthy but I guess that is part of the joy of being a toddler!

One of our little friends Michael.

The Dallas Temple

1 comment:

Joni and Chase said...

Wow! So much going on! I am impressed with your quiet book =) Soo cute! Cami is cute and so funny! I am glad you all can watch the games at least for JD's sake! Best of luck with your training this week! Loves!